Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 x. I have the blank off plates for the fog lights and wanted to put a kit in. I have read that the x does not have the fog light adapters, so I took a peak behind the blank off plates and I noticed that each side had a wiring harness with a yellow adapter plug zip tied to the frame. Could this be the harness for the fog lights. cant post pictures to to show you guys. thanks for the help.
john
va beach,va

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have an 06 x. I have the blank off plates for the fog lights and wanted to put a kit in. I have read that the x does not have the fog light adapters, so I took a peak behind the blank off plates and I noticed that each side had a wiring harness with a yellow adapter plug zip tied to the frame. Could this be the harness for the fog lights. cant post pictures to to show you guys. thanks for the help.
john
va beach,va
That's them go for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the quick response from all.
mod's continue..... This crap is addictive

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I put fogs in my 2006 frontier, 2011 X and 2013 Frontier as of today, all 3 had the wiring and are a pain in the butt since no sockets I have are small enough to turn the 10 mm bolt that is used to install them so it has had to be done with a wrench.

Just know that you can get away with just removing the screws at the front of the wheel well and the first push in connector and bend it back to do the install, you don't have to fully remove the wheel well as the directions say you do.

·
on line
2,047 Posts
After market fog lights vary on how much power they are using.....my electric guy refused to install my cheap fog lights.... Telling me they would cause an issue of draining too much power and causing electical problems..
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts