Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several people ask to see detailed photos of what I've done with my Xterra since my mods are a bit different from what you'd normally see on here. It was rainy today, but at least a little warmer so I could take some nice photos.

Among other things, I am the staff photographer for a couple of the fire departments out here in Indy. As a result, my truck is modified with all kinds of interesting things that I have to have in order to keep in touch, some of which are impossible to photograph like the strobes and extra lights on top and in the corners. There are no fewer than four radios on at all times and two computers receiving information from everything from department information, to GPS, to weather RADAR.

During the storm season, even more gear and computers are mounted for storm chasing.

To say the least, I have one hell of a power inverter mounted under the seats.

Anyway, here ya go.

-Duck
www.PhotoTac.com

·
on line
552 Posts
Thats one crazily electronic Xterra!!! What kind of inverter do you got? Does it make the seats or the interior get hot on a hot day?

What bumper guard is that with the lights on?

Thanks for sharing the photos keep em coming!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Your missing the spotlite !!

--

--- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JIMBO said:
:clown: Your missing the spotlite !!

--

--- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
LOL - Nope! Look closely at the second photo. It's a more streamlined version that tucks down when not in use. 2-million candlepower that can be remotely controlled from outside the truck.

:)

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Oh, you mean the one just over the windshield ???

--Mine is I million candlepwr and can be rotated 370 degrees from up to 200 ft away--

--Course I have to keep the faceplate on, otherwise, the light wouldn't get thru the--

----------BUGS--------------

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Duck, I'm going to move this post to the Members Xterra section. Check out the rules of that section and then edit your first post accordingly.

This way you can join everyone else that's using it and it keeps everyone together.

Oh, nice truck btw. :)

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JIMBO said:
:clown: Oh, you mean the one just over the windshield ???

--Mine is I million candlepwr and can be rotated 370 degrees from up to 200 ft away--

--Course I have to keep the faceplate on, otherwise, the light wouldn't get thru the--

----------BUGS--------------

No, it's mounted behind the basket to the roof rack (see photo).
It rotates 360 degress and rises up or down 180 degrees.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Oh yea, now I can see it--KEWL--

--Mines good for 370 Deg rotation and 120 deg tilt and has both manual (in the overhead) and remote controls--

--Yours has a different PRIMARY reason for installation, mine just comes in handy off-road at night and also when there's a sound in the trees, at 2:00 am, I can checkitout, without getting out of the X--

·
on line
331 Posts
what are the yellow things on the roof rack?

·
on line
331 Posts
How much MPG did you lose after your lift and larger tires?

·
on line
552 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts