Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all from the land o sand....Dubai.
I am a South African (Go Bokke) living in Dubai whois a proud owner a 07 Xterra SE.
I think the specs are different here in Dubai, firstly the sound system is merely the 6 disk changer with 6 speaker sound system, no AVLS or traction control nor airbags in the pillars, however there is ABS and apparently 270 HP/5600 Net.
Could it be possible that they have tweaked the mill a bit as there are no stringent pollution regulations?
After my first thou service I did wonder off into the sand a bit only to find the 17 inch 265/65 struggling a bit, my thinking behind getting the SE was that I could lift the X 2.5 inches and chuck some higher profile and wider tyres on the rims, what you guys think? (Im guessing the 16 inch tyres would have been better as with higher profile with lower pressure = larger footprint.)
Overall Im impressed with the SE's refinement (yes yes I know but I am coming from a YJ with rag top and all round spring leaves.)
Any advise on first mods without comprimising the roadholding too much?

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome as our 1131st Member! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "05+ Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!"
:3some:
So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1676 :thumbup:
http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50 :hello2:
http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110 :read:

:rulez:
But, like everythin' in life thar be rules t' follow:
http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7735

And now fer th' cargo holds o' piece o' eight question; did ye buy th' Xterra in Dubai or did ye buy 't States side an' shipped 't thar??

·
on line
191 Posts
Welcome! But be warned, I am upset with you and your damn Springboks after the game yesterday.

You have to post pics of the X in the dunes. The BFG AT KO's do great in the sand.

·
on line
735 Posts
I think your international spec hp rating might be european ratings and not SAE hp rating which are different. The gasoline octane you have there might also be higher..I dunno.

I find refinement in mine all the time (even after 2 years of ownership). Usually after renting cars or driving something else. The engine doesn't run a nice as a smooth v8, but when you are cruising at low rpm, the 4 liter is awesomely quiet.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Welcome! some all terrain tires will suit you well for those sandy conditions

i had my mud terrains out in the sand yesterday, did alright since the sand was wet and pretty well packed down, but i wouldn't put them on dry dunes....a larger footprint all terrain tire would be good for that.

·
on line
628 Posts
Welcome... I've got Dubai on my list of places to visit in the future. The Discovery Channel got me hooked and I hope someday to see "The World" when it is completed.

·
on line
463 Posts
Wow ! Now we are really international ! All the wayyyyy from Dubai !

Welcome, does the X cost more over there ?
And, will the custom parts cost extra ?
Hey ! What do you pay for fuel ?
Welcome to the Gang !

·
on line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey!!
Thx for the warm welcomes!
I bought the SE X over here for 28,607.24 USD. (It was a toss up between the FJ and the X, the X won in my opinion.)
I was the 2nd X in Dubai on the roads, accompanied by literally hundreds of FJ's. (One of my reasons to opt for the X)
Petrol these sides cost 36 US Cents per liter for 98 Octane, how about you guys?
There aren't any mods available just yet on these shores, hopefully there will be enough X-ers to warrant Nissan bringing in some lift kits etc.
At the mo I have P265/65 R17 OWL BFG and they are poo in the sand, I want to go for Pirelli scorps P275/65 R17 as I have on the jeep (31X10X15) and the wifes Prado, they seem to be really good in the deep sand, Im just worried about fender rub under compressed suspension.
First mods I wanna do is aftermarket bumpers front and rear.
Drivers this side are some of the worst I have ever seen and I need to protect the truck, as well as start getting it prepped for a trip through Africa (oneday) :bounce:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well a gallon is 3.785 liters.... here we pay by the gallon and the highest octane we have is 93.

So lets see. 3.785 x $0.36 = $1.36 USD per gallon of your 98 octane gas!!

Our 93 octane costs anywhere between $2.80 - 3.20 USD

I would say you guys have pretty good deals on petrol over there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts