Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want duel exhaust on the X, Does anyone else have them and how hard of a job is it? Pics please.

·
on line
246 Posts
I had them put on my X, but they are both coming out at the stock location. Unfortunately with the spare tire in place there really isn't enough room to run the pipe to the driver side. With the shop that I had my exhaust done at he wouldn't run an exhaust pipe close the the gas tank (I agree with him) so this was really my only option. I wanted them to poke out between the back tires and the step rails, but the spring were in the way, so both tradition dual exhaust systems were out for me.I had him run new pipe from the cat back and use a Magnaflow dual in dual out muffler. I love the sound, the only thing I would have done differently was had an X or an H pipe installed just before the muffler...and maybe some exhaust tips, but couldn't find any I liked. If I have time this weekend I'll take a couple pictures and a sound clip.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Xterror,here`s some pictures of my duals.The mechanic that did them has a Fronty so was very familiar with the system.He started out cutting off the back 2 cats.We can do that here in Hawaii.Then fabed the sweet equal length pipes into the Y pipe.Ran a 2 1/2" into a Flowmaster 40.Way too loud.I`ll be replacing that soon.It does sound mean though.Use any muffler you want.Then 2 2" pipes out.He managed to route the driver side pipe around the spare with about 3/4" clearance.No problems with that.I scored the twin tips on ebay for $100 for the pair.The whole system took him about 6 1/2 hrs. to fab and install.$650.That`s all SS.But that`s Hi. price.I`m sure you could get it done cheaper on the mainland.
It can be done.Shop around for a shop till you find one that works for you.Good luck.

[/img]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts