Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M SO STUPID. I dropped some pennies under the emergency brake lever at the C-Mart so I pulled it up and grabbed the pennies and went inside. The steering wheel blocks my seeing some of the gauges including the e-brake. Well 7 miles down the road I realized I left it engaged and pushed the lever back down. It smelled a bit but faded. Has anyone done this and have I done any damage?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My ex-girlfriend use to drive around with the e-brake on all the time. I ran out of adjustment on my e-brake at less than 20K miles. I have since replaced the shoes and so far so good (about 30K on them currently).

The amount of material on the shoes is very thin. It doesn't take much to run it down to nothing. When i replaced them at 20K miles, one shoe had no pad left.

As long as your e-brake still works, you are good.

·
on line
104 Posts
x2 on muzikman.. the only prob with leaving it on is ruined mileage and worn down pads.. i left my e brake on one time and then procieded to pull my stuck friends trailblazer out of the mud... i felt so dumb..
again its only (barely) hurting the brake pads and mpg '

·
on line
191 Posts
It should be called the "Makes the Car Smell Funny Lever"

RIP Mitch Headburg.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
My '98 was an auto so I never had to disengage the ebrake. So when I first got my '07 I would at times forget or not fully disengage the brakes. They still work to this day, but when on a steep incline/decline I have to really pull on the lever for it to hold. Yes I put it in gear anyway, just in case. I'm going to change them out when the weather cooperates and I find the energy.

How much are new shoes anyways?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The shoes are only available from the dealer (at least when I changed mine). I think I paid $55 for the set. They also had no hardware kits listed (ie springs). I found that kind of odd, but hey, wouldn't be the first time Nissan didn't something goofy (ie. I think you have to buy each spring individually if you want to replace them). Since it's only an e-brake, they shouldn't need changed, but don't let one go flying across the garage when you are trying to get it off. :)

·
on line
432 Posts

·
on line
139 Posts
+whatever number we're at for Mitch Hedberg.

He's one of the funniest and most underrated comedians ever. I hate to hijack a thread, but Mitch deserves at least that from me...

If anyone's looking for some current material that can be considered the same style of humor as Mitch (minus the stoner persona), check out Demetri Martin. He's just as funny as Mitch.

D-Rock

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"check out Demetri Martin."
Werd. I just saw him last week, F'ing hilarious. Easily one of the best new young comedians around..

RIP Mitch, you F'ing junkie.

·
on line
51 Posts
BIGTOM726 said:
It should be called the "Makes the Car Smell Funny Lever"

RIP Mitch Headburg.
LOL

"It doesn't say alot for me, but it sure doesn't say alot for the emergency brake lever"

Good stuff!

·
on line
500 Posts
DBAX said:
"check out Demetri Martin."
Werd. I just saw him last week, F'ing hilarious. Easily one of the best new young comedians around..

RIP Mitch, you F'ing junkie.
Being a daily show fan, I've been laughing my ass off watching Demetri for many years.

Patrick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts