Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guy's (and the 3 or 4 girls too),

So I am gearing up for a big 6 week long on/off road trip of Canada and America. I wanted a rack that would meet the following:

Must: Be able to carry snowboards, jerrycans, firewood, have space to mount my back up lights, be compatable with shovel mount, Hi-Lift mount and STILL fit in a garage!!! There were none, so I built my own.

Sneek Peek:

the process:

The mounts: 2 1/4" exhuast tube cut in half, wth 2 1/4" clamps and 1/4" bar stock between:

AND DONE!!!

Fully loaded:

After thoughts/notes
I painted the two flat bars inside the storage box. They are now painted black without worry of rust. The pics were taken before I was fully done! FYI

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I LOVE THE BOX. Well, I love the entire rack, but the lock box is super cool.

Nice job man!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great looking rack. Would be really nice for someone who has fabricated one of these to post the measurements to make one of these for us non-engineer types :scratch:. You know.....someone who has already measured, cut, welded, and fitted one successfully........just sayin' :tard: Or am I really a 'tard and its already posted here somewhere???

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
very nice, you havent done one mod that wasnt an improvement on an already great thing. your rig is the one that made me think maybe I should can my front bumper.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
S&S You never cease to amaze and impress. Nice work my friend.

Sent from the Situation Room

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Yakima and rear light integration is very nice, as well as the lock box. The only other thing I'd want to add for the trip is a bike, or two. I guess that wouldn't be on the roof necessarily. Travel safe.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Is it wrong that your X turns me on? If so, I don't want to be right.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is it wrong that your X turns me on? If so, I don't want to be right.
Posted via Mobile Device
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:
great fabbing man. just creative and well done

1 - 20 of 107 Posts