2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Username: D'Rock

Make: Nissan
Year: 2010
Model: Xterra
Trim: X
Color: Super Black

Comments: Hey all, finally getting around to starting this page. I was waiting until the lift/tires but you know how that goes over on the priority list with a wife and mortgage. I purchased this used in Jan 2012 with 12,000 miles on it for 18.9k It came from an Enterprise rental fleet on Long Island, lol, but its been good to me so far.

I work for an environmental engineering firm that remediates haz waste sites. This is my DD , and I can't get too crazy with this truck since I have to do site walks and wine and dine the occasional client, but we'll see! *EDIT* on 7/24/13, screw it, I'm all in.

Thanks for all your help so far, this community is great. My hope is to get out to a meet soon once I get a couple necessities added.

Mods: > (Project Thread Pages are Hi-lighted in DarkRed)

Removed:
Side Steps Rails
Mud Flaps
Rear Sway Bar
Rear Bumper

Suspension and Tires:
Had 265/70/16 - General Grabber AWs (awful stock tires for X model)
Had 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, won gift card and got,
285/75/16 Mickey Thompson baja atz P3s
American Outlaw "Colts" Rims

Armor:
Shrockworks Rad Skid (sold)
Shrockworks Engine Skid (sold)
Shrockworks Rear Diff Skid
Nucleus Custom tranny skid (saved my @as at Rausch big time) sold
Shrockworks Sliders, Gas and T-Case skids (sold)
Shrockworks Front Bumper
Insain Fab Rear Tire Carrier (sold)
GOBI Roof rack with hi-lift mounts

Suspension:
Nisstec Complete Old Man Emu suspension lift with AAL
Nisstec 608 HD coil springs

Exterior:

DepHep Roof Rack (sold)
Yakima Snowboard/Ski Rack
Midland CB with 2' firestik antenna with magnetic base
Raingler Cargo Net (LXN)
Stealthed OEM Plastics, Air Dam, and Side Rail Mounts
Stickers (addicting as hell)
Plastidip'd Rims
Yakima Bike Rack
The "Datsun Grill Mod"

Interior:
Weathertech Cargo Liner and Front/Back Set of Digital Fit Mats
Quik Fist Mounts - Large Maglite and Fire Extinguisher (rear panels)
Small Maglite (drivers side door)
First Aid kit (didnt come with truck?)

Mechanical:
35w Xenon HID headlights
K&N Drop In Filter
PIAA Sports Horn (high range) - damaged in deer strike, need a new one
Pennzoil Platinum Plus with K&N oil filter
150 pound gas hatch struts

Recovery:
Rocky Mtn X recovery points / shackles
Tow Strap

Wish List: >(In Order of Priority)

Wet Okule Seat Covers
An audio system worth turning on

Photos:

Couple days after I got her

New Rims. Stuck tires out about 3/4 of an inch. These things came with the cheesiest damn caps I ever saw. My wife was crying she was laughing so hard at them. Thanks to Creepy for making some steel stickers for me to cover them, they've held up great.

Stealth (before)

After

Racked and Loaded - OBX Trip

As she sits now -

Updated April 2013

Updated September 2013

Updated May 2014

Updated July 2014

June 2015

June 2016
IMG_6224.jpg Photo by dtrock78 | Photobucket

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just purchased nisstec ome lift!
Mickey Thompson bajas are next, likely a week or two.
Purchased Trek light bar from group buy

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
looking good !! how does the Bull bar mount? does it just bolt on from underneath? with my bull bar(which bolts on to the from, from underneath), i feel in the event of a front end collision , the bull bar can just bend inwards rather easily

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it mounts in those three 19 mm holes on each side below.
It would definitely bend back into the radiator if it hit something hard, but wouldn't be as bad as those grills that cover the lights, hood, etc.
I am fabbing up a rod holder for it, well see how it turns out. It's weird how things you buy/do to your X, a couple months later you look back on them and go "why'd I get this"
Lol

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nice kit . How much lift on the front coils ?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what I've read, people are getting 1.5-2.0 lift from it. I went with the lighter coil springs since I'm not getting a bumper anytime soon, I'll take pre / post measurements.

Yeah Dozer, your build thread popped up when I searched for those tires on here, glad you liked them, they looked sharp

·
on line
412 Posts
I did the same lift. I ended up getting upper control arms and putting a 1" spacer on top.The rake was just too much its pretty even now that the leafs have settled abit.Im probably going to replace the front with radflos eventually.For now its good,alittle stiff on the road but really nice ride offroad.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered the Baja atz radials on Thursday, expensive... Got the 32s, I couldn't justify the 33s to myself.

Got a quote today from custom truck shop down the road from me, they are solid. Quote was high, 750 for the lift, another hundo to put on the new tires

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
$300 is a very good quote for a suspension lift.

I never had any plans to get the MTZs, I might be getting a new position in NJ.

And besides, these things are ridiculous for an "AT" tire! Can't wait to put everything on once I get the front end rebuilt from the deer strike

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hit a deer if you hadn't see the thread on it. Broke mounting tabs on both headlights, all 3 pieces of front plastics, radiator (read post #8 for a laugh), and condenser were shot. Bent metal bumper behind plastics, torqued bull bar to the left about 2 inches (trying to salvage with a welder i know)....but, insurance adjuster admitted it would've been worse without the bull bar, he said it would have "blown right into engine compartment and really messed up everything"

Got her back, $3200 in damage later, front looks like the day I bought her. I plan to stealth out the entire front, but Im going to paint the grille vents and Nissan burger gunmetal. Waiting for this damn weather to get better, painting in the wind *blows*

1 - 20 of 174 Posts