Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Driving Television off-road test of 2005 Xterra

6K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  lowayne 
#1 · (Edited)
In the "Extreme Drives" section of Driving Television - Episode 210 they do an off-road test of a 2005 Xterra OR.

Video

The vehicle they used for the test has an automatic transmission.
At 2:13 to 2:15 in the video, they goofed - the shot is from a different vehicle (note the sunroof and headrest).

The test was done at the facilities of Offroad Academy Inc., located here in Vancouver, B.C.

#9 ·
lj1983 said:
anyone notice that it looks like her X has a sunroof? (~2:14)
yeah. that is a sunroof but she is not in the X at that shot. a second later there is no more sunroof. look carefully at the steering wheel and the sit back of that shot with the sunroof

#17 ·
NyCXterra said:
[

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=115472

theres an answer to everything.. lol i think i have seen all of the videos for the xterra
Funny thing when I read this article was that it states how they liked the interior better on the FJ then on the X. When I test drove both of them with my girlfriend niether of us liked the interior on the FJ. It was actually one of her bigest turn offs on the FJ.

#19 ·
NyCXterra said:
lostboy said:
nice vid. I wonder how the Rubi, FJ did in comparison?
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=115472

theres an answer to everything.. lol i think i have seen all of the videos for the xterra
I can't take this article too seriously.

1. "The FJ's stability control can't be switched off, so its 56-mph slalom speed is considerably slower than the Xterra's 61-mph pace. We excluded these numbers from the performance scores used to calculate the winner since they have little relevance in the class."
---- What the hell does that mean? I swerved around an animal at high speed in my xterra the other day - slalom MATTERS.

2. They tout the FJ brakes as amazing. In the same paragraph we are told that the FJ is "marginally better." Later they tell us that the FJ brakes hold up going down hills better. Maybe you reviewers should push that HILL DESCENT BUTTON?!?

3. FJ likes premium gas. Mention that next to the gas mileage comment please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.