Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just ordered up a xoskel bumper bar for my 2010 xterra SE (which does not have the roof lights).

I want to add lights specifically for driving service roads at night, so I’m not worried about blinding oncoming traffic. I’m looking for a good flood that will give me better peripheral and tree canopy lighting (I know a roof light might be better but I don’t want to deal with the install). Front plates are required in my state so I think I can only fit two lights on the xoskel bumper bar. I’d like to stay under/around $200 and ease of install would be a bonus.

It looks like these would all fit, any recommendations?
Ridgid Industries Dually Flood

PIAA 530 LED Lights(fog and driving patterns available)
Eagle Eye 3.5" Round Fog Lights w/ Grill, White Light (1864BW)
PIAA LP530
Hella Micro DE

Thanks
:drink:

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Duallies are pretty easy to install onto the Xoskel bar - just bolt them in, run the wiring to the battery (simplest case) and the switch goes through the little grommet where the clutch pedal is supposed to be. That's how I had mine hooked up before I went all-out with my fuse box install, though I would highly recommend putting a fuse holder between the battery and the light wires. Everything comes in the box, no need to buy anything else but the fuse holder.

The other lights are also as easy to install (again, use at least one fuse between the light and battery), just not sure what comes with them and what doesn't.

Do check your local laws regarding lighting - in many states you can't have more than four forward-pointing lights on ant the same time. Also, though simple to install, Duallies are bright as hell and I wouldn't recommend them for highway use, even mounted low unless they were pointed as far down as you can get them.

EDIT: I forgot - you'll have to extend the wires for the switch on the Duallies. Running mine the most efficient way I could (which meant wires stretching across the engine bay - bad idea!) the stock wiring was only long enough to get the switch into the cabin next to the brake pedal. You'll need at least two more feet of wire.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks!

Since I will be using these almost exclusively off-road, I'm not too worried about the lawz. The duallies are in my price range and sounds like they'd be a good fit for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts