Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been posting much recently, but I have been lurking around. Cleaned the X for the first time in a while this weekend so took a few driveway shots (Maybe since it's on a little rock so it makes it ok?); hopefully I can get out on one of the SCCX runs to get it dirty soon:

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Great X man. Do you remember what you used to paint the plastic bumpers black? They look great. Not to hijack the thread so fast but you and Syndicate were tight no? He hasn't posted in forever and there was a thread a few weeks back inquiring about his health and well being because of the fires.

·
on line
671 Posts
Nice X!
Black bumpers look cool!

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries about jacking the thread bro. Yeah Syndicate and I are pretty close, he is doing well and his X is as sick as ever (I don't think I have ever met someone who cleans their car as often and detailed as he does). I imagine he still is lurking around occasionally, but the fires never got to him or his place.

The bumpers...man I always stretch to remember. It wasn't anything fancy to be honest, just a glossy black plastic spray paint. I took off the rear quarter panels (step panels or whatever they are called) and painted them off the car, and just stuffed newspaper behind the door ding panels to prevent the body from getting painted. It's been like this for about a year now and haven't had a single issue or a need to touch them up (though it would be easy). I just love how they blend smoothly with the black Shrockworks bumpers.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Thanks for the updates man. Did you prep the bumpers at all? I'm definitely jocking this mod.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing special, just a thorough cleaning and you can use plastic prep (though I think I just cleaned the hell out of it).

·
Read Only
656 Posts
Good to hear from you again, Erick, and to learn that Syndicate (and his X) are alive and well. Tell him to post occasionally.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
miles said:
looks awesome...plastic prep never heard of it?
That wasn't very clear on my part, I didn't mean that 'plastic prep' was a brand but more how I have always heard about how to spray paint plastic. Usually start with a thorough cleaning, then some diluted alcohol or bleach solution (not really necessary) to finish the cleaning.

Then you can use something like Rust-Oleum's Specialty Plastic Prime", or Krylon offers a new line of plastic finish paint called Fusion that is designed to bond to plastic without sanding or priming. After those dry, you can use 'normal' spray paint on top and it sticks quite nicely.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it's got all the goodies on it:

-Full Shrock Skids/Front-Rear Bumper/Sliders/Diff cover
-Total Chaos UCAs
-PRG Coilovers
-Calmini AAL and Shackles in rear
-Rancho 9000x in rear
-255/85 MTs
-8500 pound winch
-Yakima Roof Basket
-K&N Intake
-Gibson Exhaust

Then the other little tweaks like removed sway bars, breather extension, air compressor underneath the seat, cobra cb, optima yellow top battery, and I am sure lots of other crap I can't remember...and of course it's the off-road model so I can lock the rear.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Hey man welcome back! Tell Brian to get back on here. Its been a long while. Hope to see you guys on some future runs with the Socal group.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Are you running a front sway bar Erick? Your truck seems to have more flex in the front than most X's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts