Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 Xterra. I notice, to my disappointment, that the drivers seat lacks the adjustment feature. I will move forward and back, and reline, but that's it. There are no knobs on the side for additional adjustment options.

Can I swap out parts to add this adjustment (looks like just the seat bottom would need changed) or do I need to switch the whole seat. If so, would you go with an OEM seat or some other brand?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
See if you can find a junkyard S seat. They adjust.

I just got a 2012 Xterra. I notice, to my disappointment, that the drivers seat lacks the adjustment feature. I will move forward and back, and reline, but that's it. There are no knobs on the side for additional adjustment options.

Can I swap out parts to add this adjustment (looks like just the seat bottom would need changed) or do I need to switch the whole seat. If so, would you go with an OEM seat or some other brand?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I have an X trim as well, and found the driver seat lacking. I was a unable to find anyone who had swapped seats AND a successful airbag retrofit. (Did find a few guys that put Pathfinder seats in for leather, as I think earlier X models did not have side impact airbags - or was it curtains, i'm not 100% there.)

Anyway, I ended up buying a set of Wet Okole seat covers. They are made of thick neoprene and provide just a little extra cushioning for comfort. They also had the option to have an air bladder lumbar installed, which I did and enjoy. The only down side, is the neoprene is not very breathable, and does cause you to sweat a bit on hotter days if you aren't running the AC. Folks fondly refer to it as "Swamp Ass".

That takes care of the lumbar adjustment. Lastly what I would like to do is get the height adjustment - this I'm pretty sure you can do by replacing the seat bottom cushion with any year Xterra that has the adjustment knob. (I've researched it, but have yet to try.) The seat bottom has no airbag in it so there's no problem there. And if you buy seat covers, you can get any color and it won't matter as it will be covered. Just if you do get Wet Okole or any seat covers, and want to do the seat bottom as well, make sure you either change the seat bottom first - or order seat covers with the bottom knob cut out for the future.

I orded my covers without this as it wasn't until later I realized you could potentially swap the bottom cushions.

As for sourcing a bottom cushion check the usuall places (ebay, A1 Auto, etc) and maybe ping Ramness - he seems to have good luck in his area at the pick and pulls.

If you decide on Wet Okoles, sign up on the TacomaWorld forum as they have at least 2 group buys a year and you will save at least 20%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts