Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2013 Pro-4X and I've noticed that if I sit in the back seat on the drivers side, there's a lump in the seat, more-so on on the left side than the right side of the cushion. I noticed that when I test drove another 2013 a few weeks before purchasing mine that it also had this same lump.

Some guys from work also sat on the seat and noticed it right away. They commented sitting on that seat they kind of felt violated and that going off-road in the thing would be like getting a prostate massage, which is not the experience I want my passengers to have.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm having the dealer swap out my Nav unit in a few weeks and I'll ask them about it then, but just curious if this is a fluke or a design flaw.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have a 2014 Pro-4X and haven't heard of my passengers complaining about a lump in the seat................... well maybe it's there and they like the feeling so didn't bother to say anything :D

I'll try sitting in the back and report back to you later.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry can't help you, I've never been in my backseat! My dog has never complained though! :laughing3:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
maybe one of the tools under the seats is undone and making contact with the bottom of the seat. the jack is under there. lift it up and check it out. if nothing, take it back to the dealership and tell them you want a new one that doesn't violate your friends..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ok.. I just sat there last night and even tried to bury and bounce my ass on the seat and fortunately I didn't get violated :geek:

Check to see if your seat belts got stuck under there.. that's all I could think of.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for checking. I've made sure nothing was under there before, but I'll double check the seat belts again. As far as the jack, it's more in the middle or towards the passenger side than on the far left driver side.

I'll try a 2014 and see if I feel it. If not, perhaps they can order a new one.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I suppose it's always possible that somehow the foam got bunched up under the cover, or that something got stuck in there during assembly ... though that seems quite unlikely to me.

I've got an '08 and while I haven't sat back there in a while (if ever ... I'm not sure now) I've never had any complaints from passengers. I've had the kiddo seat in back, on the driver's side, for a few weeks now ... and had the infant cradle/carrier-base back there before we graduated her to a kiddo-seat ... and never had any issues with either of those.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing is if you look at the seat or run your hand over it you don't feel anything out of the ordinary, it's only when you sit on it. The right side has some give like you'd expect, but the left side of it doesn't and that's where you feel the uh "probing". My 8 year old sat there this weekend when we we going hiking and didn't say a thing even on the washboard roads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I never road in the back but everyone who has complained it wasn't comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's funny cuz all my backseat passengers never complained about riding in the back.

OP - maybe there's and pound of heroin stashed in the seat.. if so, sell it and get yourself all around armor for the X :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts