Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess its not an issue then! It looks (to me) very obvious that there should be a rubbber boot on that joint RIGHT THERE. Its clean, there aere ribs for the metal bands to hold the boot on....

Guess not?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Looks normal to me. That is Nissan's goofy CV flange. The driveline angle looks fine too.

Wow, I remember a time when the underside of the X was that clean. :)

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The driveline angle is WAY off, because I lifted the back wheels 2 inches off the ground by the frame.

That non-boot still looks really wierd. Thansk though guys!

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What, we gotta repack that every 5000 miles?? I didnt take any boot off. I lifted the truck up by the frame to clean out the leaf springs because they were squeaky. And to ME it looks like a rubber boot is missing right there. If its not missing, then there is no problem.

·
on line
423 Posts
there should be a rubber enclosure around that CV. At least my old drive shaft had one on it.

drive past a nissan dealership and jump under a truck. it freaks the sales guys out, but you can see what a new one would look like. i did that when i installed my 5" lift to see which direction the stock cam bolts went. was kind of funny.

good luck.

·
on line
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. I'm going with looking at one on a lot. I was going to do that origionally, but then I figured I'd ask here. Given the mixed responses, I want to go see for my self.

·
on line
423 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Jtao... you must have an alien Xterra.... mine doesnt have an extra boot like you say.... or maybe mine is alien :alien: :alien: :alien:
before changing out the driveshaft to the new and improved one, my old one had a rubber piece that covered the CV. it had a metal ring that fastened it. maybe i didn't look at the pic correctly? :colors:

mine did not have a boot like you see on a regular CV, just a rubber piece that surrounds the actual joint (that very skinny part)

·
on line
564 Posts
No boot on mine. That pic looks normal.

Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts