Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess im the lucky one. 2012 pro4x. Rear nisstec aal and shackle set at 1". I have the 3 degree inside and still vibes. Took it out it got worst. What else can i try?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was worst before shim. Yes there pointed the right way. Thick end foward. Im currently using 1" shackle setting from adjustables and nisstecs single aal. Was thinking going to ome leaf pack. Do people shim those also?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I shimmed the OME leaf pack and have the Nisstec shackels on the lowest setting and have no vibes that I can feel.

Rescue 119 also has the OME leaf packs with the shims and have the shackles set to the highest level and he has no vibes either

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What shim size did you folks run? So why would i be getting vibes at only a 2" aal probably less then 2" and 1" setting on shackles. I really dont get it. Could a truck with 10k miles have a bad ujoint up by the yoke? Forgot to add, when installer installed shims he did install backwards, and took 1 test drive only and realized he did it backwards and switched it around. Could that moment weaken the ujoint or some what?? No vigarious driving only normal. Any more thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It was worst before shim. Yes there pointed the right way. Thick end foward. Im currently using 1" shackle setting from adjustables and nisstecs single aal. Was thinking going to ome leaf pack. Do people shim those also?
Posted via Mobile Device
thick end forward is the wrong way i thought. you want the driveshaft and the input shaft on the diff to be aligned, thats where the vibes come from. might take some trial and error and grinding down from the 3 degree shim to get it right. some people have gotten away without the shim by shifting the axle as far forward on the leafs as the center pin will allow before tightening the u-bolts.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
thick end forward is the wrong way i thought. you want the driveshaft and the input shaft on the diff to be aligned, thats where the vibes come from. might take some trial and error and grinding down from the 3 degree shim to get it right. some people have gotten away without the shim by shifting the axle as far forward on the leafs as the center pin will allow before tightening the u-bolts.
Thick end forward is the correct way.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just read prgs mystery drive line. He sed cv joint can tolerate angle( near the axle) and the ujoint up top is the one causing the vibration because it doesnt have another u joint at the other end to zero each other out during driving. So my question is, since the cv joint can have some angle, should i try a bigger shim to push up on the ujoint to make it straighter? Im only at 3" in the rear.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts