Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a body lift tomorrow and have a question about the coolant. I'll have to replace the upper radiator hose because I don't plan on dropping the radiator. So, can I just drain the coolant enough to be able to take the upper hose off and refill, or is that a bad thing. I ask because I just had my coolant flushed and filled a couple months ago. I have two 50/50 gallons of the Nissan Blue stuff, I just figure it would go quicker.

I've looked up rook's and snoborderphx's guides and I'm not entirely sure why the lower hose needs to be disconnected at all.

Thanks!

·
on line
7,135 Posts
just take off the upper hose and replace with the new hose. You'll lose about a pint of coolant. The instructions are half retarded and have you doing stupid stuff like disconnecting your steering from the rack and pinion shaft

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a plan to me, that's about what I had in mind even though it'll make a little mess. I know about the steering rack thing, mostly because I had my steering rack replaced under warranty a few months ago, so I know where the adjustment points are.

Thanks for the quick response too!

·
on line
2,044 Posts
the bottom of the radiator has a plastic Phillips drain plug.... I would drain radiator into a home depot bucket..... but from my personal issues.... only 1 time I was able to turn the plastic screw thing... the last time I tried it began to strip it self to pieces so I stopped and disconnected the bottom radiator hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts