Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm wondering if this is normal cause I'm just noticing it more now. When I get on the highway and let off the gas at around 60 mph, it feels like somethings pulling on the X to slow it down. I don't notice it this much in other cars....even in other SUVs or the Astro van that I have for my band equipment. Any of you with a stock 4x4 get this sensation? I'm a little concerned it may be something in the driveline but I'm usually just paranoid like that. Or it could be the piss poor aerodynamics of this truck...but again, I don't even feel that in the Astro van I drive.

·
on line
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah...it shouldn't surprise me knowing that the front diff is connected to the axles. Just wanted to be sure.

·
on line
735 Posts
You would get an extra mpg if we had manual hubs that disconnected the front drive. I've actually been curious to see what a 2wd model runs like.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
I don't even mind the MPG. Think of what manual hubs would do for our front diffs. It would be alot less wear, which means less failing. Then on top of that if you did blow your diff you would just have to disconnect the front hubs and you could drive right home.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
My Frontier is the same way. Wish there was a way to convert our front to manual hubs like the GenIs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts