Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im here this week for business staying off the 16th mall street. Any recommended local bars restaurants etc? Anyone want to grab a beer send me a pm! :eek:ccasion5:
I went to the buckhorn exchange last night which was pretty awesome.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Great Divide, Falling Rock, and River North are all good ... as is Wynkoop. Would love to try and get a beer in LoDo, but my schedule's a bit slammed this week.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
River North will have some stuff this afternoon (for something they call Wayward Wednesday) that's not distributed at all and saved especially for tap-room release (like limited to single or double kegs ... very small batch) ... if you're a micro/craft brew aficionado, I'd start there. They've only been around for a couple of years, but took a few medals at last year's GABF.

Even some of their small release bottle runs (22oz) only get sold out of the tap room ... I really wish they weren't so far from where we live & work on the west side of town, I don't make it over to downtown that often during the week.

If you want food, too, give Euclid Hall a shot ... or Mellow Mushroom Pizza, if you're feeling more low-key.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends what you like. Walk through Larimer Square and you will find several more upscale (cocktail) bars and restaurants. On the other end of the spectrum, head down 15th St to My Brother's Bar. One of the oldest bars in Denver, somewhat divey, but has great burgers. The above-mentioned brewery intel is also spot on.

For a different feel, head up to the Lower Highlands (east on 15th st) to the Ale House, Linger, or any of the other bars/restaurants there. You will find some good views of downtown and solid food/drinks. Sushi Sasa is very good if you like sushi.

Might be able to meet for a drink tonight or tomorrow. Assuming you are headed out on Friday?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Linger's a good call ... no need for a full dining room experience (probably can't get a reservation anyway, unless it's calmed down significantly since I've tried), the self seating in the bar area works great ... and the food's just as good! Amato's is another place on that side of the highway (25) that's got good feel, and good beer.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a rent car so Im walking, or riding the bus. I don't mind a 3/4- mile walk though. Im into the brewpub type places for sure!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
^^Agreed!! If you like dirty bars, that's one of my favorites!!!

Looking for a great meal? I would suggest "Rioja" if you are looking for high end and "Euclid Hall" for something more reasonable. Euclid also has a wide array of beers to choose, but not so much a brewery. All of the roof top bars are fun (when it's not freezing) and "The View House" has bocce and other interactive games. Hmmm, not sure what else! How long are you in town for? I may be able to catch up with you for some lunch or something as I work downtown!

·
on line
2,669 Posts
Prost is a solid German beer join in lower highlands or whatever the hipsters want to call it these days.

Falling rock is great for odd belguim beers and other unique beers.

My favorite dive bar is Shelby's, horrible service and ****ty beer for cheap.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^Agreed!! If you like dirty bars, that's one of my favorites!!!

Looking for a great meal? I would suggest "Rioja" if you are looking for high end and "Euclid Hall" for something more reasonable. Euclid also has a wide array of beers to choose, but not so much a brewery. All of the roof top bars are fun (when it's not freezing) and "The View House" has bocce and other interactive games. Hmmm, not sure what else! How long are you in town for? I may be able to catch up with you for some lunch or something as I work downtown!
Didn't realize you worked downtown, I coulda paid you for the light bars in cash lol.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think im going to give this Falling Rock a try, its close to the office. I heard Earls Kitchen is a good time and its super close to my hotel.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There are tons of great places to eat downtown! Wazee Supper Club, 9th Door for Spanish Food. Biker Jims has some of the best sausages in town. Man I could list alot more but that gets you started. LOL

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If you're into beer, hit Euclid Hall. One of the best beer lists in town and the food is really tasty.

For a killer fine dining experience, a little further north on Larimer (22nd is the cross street) check out Twelve. Chef is Jeff Osaka, just got nominated for a James Beard award (food Oscars). Awesome. If you go there, tell them that James Lewis sent you - they know me well.

Jen Jasinski is another top chef in Denver. She owns Rioja (& Bistro Vendome and also Euclid Hall, for that matter) - can't miss with her.

Tables has one of the freshest menus in town - also worth a visit.

If you need a more veggie-centric menu, try Root Down.

More meat-centric, try Old Major. Chef is Justin Brunson - he's a rock star.

And lastly (****, I could go on for pages….) for breakfast, hit Snooze at least once.

Enjoy your visit!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts