Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Ahh the talks of the Elite Boom Boom Room brings back good ol memories of the Jeep forums and Pirate4x4. Saw some of postings on there and can't say I'm surprised. Though I'm sure we all shit talk to some degree.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Ahh the talks of the Elite Boom Boom Room brings back good ol memories of the Jeep forums and Pirate4x4. Saw some of postings on there and can't say I'm surprised. Though I'm sure we all shit talk to some degree.
My boss always tells me of the golden days of pirate, considering I never witnessed the “glory” that it was. Though I didn’t get to see the secrets held within this forum, I hope that I was in the running for DOTM at some point. Maybe even run for that in the future, could always put “Overlandscaping” on the side in a vinyl graphic and strap a pitch fork and tiller to the roof rack. Just a dream though.

·
TNX Senior Member
443 Posts
I’ll be honest. I’m most upset that they actually voted for Mr Bills trashy ass picture for the one TOTM pole he asked to be plugged for. Like shit, if you’re going to conspire at least make him throw up a half decent picture. Photoshopped or not that pic was garbage.

As for the having the private section I say who cares. I just kinda wish we could say what we want on the forum. We’re all adults here. I’d hope if someone had an issue with me they’d come out and confront me rather than just shit talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
My boss always tells me of the golden days of pirate, considering I never witnessed the “glory” that it was. Though I didn’t get to see the secrets held within this forum, I hope that I was in the running for DOTM at some point. Maybe even run for that in the future, could always put “Overlandscaping” on the side in a vinyl graphic and strap a pitch fork and tiller to the roof rack. Just a dream though.
I joined Pirate in 05-06 and even then it was a shit show. If you didn't have tons and 40s, you were ridiculed, or at best ignored. It left a bad taste in my mouth all around.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
extremely disappointing to see, especially the admins chiming in. what was more disappointing was the TOTM "shameless" plugs...

The Snapchat group is elitist enough for me though.
The snapchat group is more LIT than Dubai bruh!!! I enjoy it and I think everyone in there is pretty great. pretty solid group of people.

I’ll be honest. I’m most upset that they actually voted for Mr Bills trashy ass picture for the one TOTM pole he asked to be plugged for. Like shit, if you’re going to conspire at least make him throw up a half decent picture. Photoshopped or not that pic was garbage.
exactly.. RIP the calendar.. who wants to pay for something rigged?

After taking the time to scroll thru the 'elite members' section and reading how some of our older members (some not as old as me) and moderators/admins feel it is ok to speak of people.... This is my goodbye.
the brief skimming I did, for it being "the big boys" group it sure did seem like all of them were bitching like 13 year old junior high girls... I could give 2 shits what someone on the internet thinks of me and I hope everyone else who may of been mentioned in there feels the same.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bahahaha, ohhh noooo, you found out I’m an opinionated d!ck, just like you would have figured out within the first five minutes of meeting me.
Haha back at yah big guy. Like i said Idc i just thought I’d join the fun

·
TNX Senior Member
417 Posts
Lol, you wonder why more people leave this site than join? It’s just sad to see. Oh well, I mostly use this site for reading forums and communicating with us lowly peasants here at the bottom of the well. It’s just unfortunate we don’t have the self acclaimed accolades and accomplishments to be considered elites.

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
Unfortunately people are leaving forums because a multitude of things. Forum discussion boards are the original social media. Facebook all of its groups are one of the main reasons. Not to mention many people are moving on and the Xterra is a dead platform.

Soon the same fate that the XJ saw, the Xterra will see. Bunch of young kids cobbling them together and being stupid, and the grumpy old guys will get upset and complain.

·
TNX Senior Member
417 Posts
@Ripper
While I agree with your points, I personally know many people in the Colorado Xterra community who have left this site because of treatment from a few of the “elites”. I have no issues with people being opinionated or just plain aholes, I fit that category to the t. I just don’t see the benefit of sitting behind a closed door and voicing opinions in an echo chamber. It is what it is. Social media seems to have more negative affects on our society today then positive, and this site in no exception.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
To be honest until this thread I have not really ever seen old vs new here, sure a few disagreements here and there and the guy that wanted to sue everyone other than that this place is great and the community even better

·
Registered
161 Posts
To be honest until this thread I have not really ever seen old vs new here, sure a few disagreements here and there and the guy that wanted to sue everyone other than that this place is great and the community even better
You haven't been here long enough to see the difference
I didn't post much back in the day, but this forum was something else when all the old guard was here
When things were just getting figured out, Titan swaps were new, etc

·
NewX’er 4life
2,437 Posts
Exactly, overall this is still an awesome forum (even after the update lol). I went from knowing nothing to doing most mods myself, people have been very helpful and kind to me and I've tried to reciprocate where I could. I've been hazed a couple times and had a couple disagreements. It's part of learning and part of life, just have to get used to it. Sometimes there are some people you just won't get along with. People are just people and they'll do the same crap either on here or on other platforms. I also think a lot of tension stems from the virtual aspect of the communication since you can't pull emotion and sarcasm out of text as well. A lot of people are very different in person as they are on the internet. This is why it sucks when people leave the forum, I see it as a loss of people I won't ever get to communicate/meet or wheel with unless we meet outside the forum.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I, for one, am not leaving this forum. I've only been on this site for a few months, and have seen a strong community willing to help each other out with the vast amount of knowledge accumulated here. I was just talking to my Dad about the Xterra community on here and how supportive it is. There is a forum for casting bullets and reloading that my dad and I are a part of, and the members of that site are a very tight knit, caring and knowledgeable community who do it for a love of what we do. I see this forum in the same light. I don't care if some people on here have their own little club, and I don't care what they say about me.

That being said, I also understand why some people would feel insulted by the things said about them (I didn't read the DOTM thread so I can't speak first hand about it). But I also find it VERY ironic that they had a thread called Douchebag Of The Month where they (allegedly) committed acts of serious Douchebaggery. So maybe, instead of being offended about what was, or could have been said about you, remember the simple fact that the DOTM thread even existed made all of it's participants winners of their own awards.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
You haven't been here long enough to see the difference
I didn't post much back in the day, but this forum was something else when all the old guard was here
When things were just getting figured out, Titan swaps were new, etc
If it was just the old guard then what is everyone bitchin about? lol

Regardless, I love this site...I've worked in an office for 20+ years and am only slightly mechanically inclined but have done some pretty major work to my baby myself thanks to this awesome forum

·
Registered
365 Posts
Most folks said they didn't care when this was brought up about a year and a half ago, but it sure seems to have ruffled some feathers once everyone saw what it was all about.

Kind of a bummer, because a lot of us in the non-troublemaking crowd really looked up to some of the more senior members of this group and respected their opinions and advice. After seeing and hearing some of what is said behind closed doors, my mind has surely been changed.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Some of us have been here long enough to remeber when these folks were still new or running stock rigs. They asked a lot of questions and pulled resources from the community just like everyone else.
The problem is, they moved in. Were on here everyday....all day.
Read EVERY "what size tire fits on my rig" question and became disgruntled.
Just because you've seen that question 100x's, doesnt mean that same person has asked it 100x's.

I was there when a certain silver X wore 33" tires and had open diffs. Was carefully and patiently spotted over mole hills and through gravel. I appreciated the kindness you showed me. I wish others would have met that person.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
34 Participants
unixmandt
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing