Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Doors try Locking every .5 Second

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  nicky_nonis 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just wanted to see if anyone has an idea about whats happening to my xterra. Its a 2011 Pro 4x
It is randomly locking. Sometimes as soon as I shut the door, sometimes 1 minute into the drive.

And most recently it will lock and keep trying to lock itself for long periods of time. I have no idea whats going on and before I bring it in to a shop I want to see if anyone has some ideas or has dealt with this before?

Check the link with some video of the issue :)
Xterra Locking Issue - Google Drive

#2 ·
A Member had a similar problem.
I cannot copy the link, so here is the reply which was posted.

UPDATE
So they found the problem. Oddly, it was water getting into my rear pillar! The rubber boot that all the hatch wiring runs through, popped out of it's place and water was getting into the spot where I have my relays and my remote module for my rear roof lights and my strobes! So it was shorting stuff out.

This is their explanation. Since I have one of the relays hooked up to my stock reverse light wiring, it was pulsing through the whole truck and confusing the CANBUS system, and triggering a door lock. He said it could have triggered other things too but everything seems fine.

They cleaned up the contacts, applied dielectric grease, reconnected everything and sealed up the leak :)

The X is running well, no more crazy locks! And they didn't charge me anything because it wasn't fixed the first time. 4 days in the shop for 100 bucks, not too shabby :)

THANK GOD it wasn't something like my BCM or something crazy that they'd have to order from across the ocean!

Reactions: nicky_nonis
#3 ·
Title of the original post

Door Locks going Crazy!!! UPDATE: Nissan Fixed It :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.