Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my contribution to great trail gear. I have two of these, the fire starter and the mini with the light.

The blades are very sharp and durable and both the light and fire starter have come in handy.

I also have bought a mini w/ light for the mrs. because the whistle itself is invaluable in case you get lost or want to attract attention in case of emergency.

http://www.toollogic.com/folders_section.htm

Enjoy!

·
on line
612 Posts
Looks neat, how often do you have to replace the batteries? I would imagine that the led would be great for battery life, am I correct?

Also what kind of battery is in it?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the down side. The mini's use four watch batteries. They do last quite a bit though but it sucks having to dish out like 8 bucks or so to replace them. I don't know about the larger model though; I hope it allows for AAA's.

·
on line
612 Posts
Thanks, I just wanted to know because I was thinking of picking up a couple of these if the batteries weren't that big a pain in the @$$. Seeing as how it would be a great gift and all.

·
on line
163 Posts
I have one of those... can't remember which model. I got the fire one and keep a maglite mini lite with it which fits perfectly. Knife is okay, not the best in the world... but good for cooking and etc with camping. I wouldn't expect it to hold up to hard use though.

·
on line
400 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
That is the down side. The mini's use four watch batteries. They do last quite a bit though but it sucks having to dish out like 8 bucks or so to replace them. I don't know about the larger model though; I hope it allows for AAA's.
you can recharge the small watch batteries by holding a C,D,AA,AAA battery + end to the small batteries + end and it will basically recharge it

·
on line
841 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Loads of batteries for cheap

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.61

They have a few other types on the cheap side as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts