Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are working on a new line of dog barriers and it wouldn't be right to launch on anything else first other than the Xterra. It's made just like all our products (crazy overbuilt!) #216 psi mesh, coated rings and mount hardware etc. The upper points can install as shown for a flush to back of seat mount or use the OEM hooks a little further back. The biggest change from our net barrier is of course, much improved visibility and a higher and tighter to side fit to deter the dogs from drooling on the kids heads in back. :)

As always, open to thoughts, and feedback here.
http://www.raingler.com/#!product/prd1/1662172415/nissan-xterra-&-pathfinder-barrier-net

www.k9barriers.com will be having all sorts of vehicles shortly including other Nissan models.

·
on line
2,263 Posts
I usually always keep my back seat folded flat, anyway of getting it to mount right behind the driver seats?

If you can get it mounted there, maybe a small window in the center so the pup could stick it's head through for a lick or a pet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baker, Yes it can mount behind the front seats like the standard net model. Lol, yes we could certainly make a doggie door for ya!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Haha. i love the doggie door idea!

my only recommendation would be to perhaps make the net tighter to the sides. i have a big German shepherd that this is perfect for, but then i have an 11 pound half-dog lol that could slip right through there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a little better view of how close it fits. We will have some optional panels to fill in the window area at the strap out for the escape artists, or at least remind them that you want them to stay in back. I can't get over how I forget this is in place, literally looks like window tint in the rearview.

·
Registered
282 Posts
you know what my apologies, i was not clear. up top it looks very tight! i was referring more to the bottom. it is more open there. but then again, if i really need to keep my dogs in the back i can flip the seat divider up, so good job! i like your implementation.

curious, how strong is it? i know your products so i assume very, i may use it as a general cargo divider. with the seats in full flip down mode.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's funny, my Raingler divider net IS what I use for my dog barrier already. :)
Me too!

My suggestion- 1) invent time machine, 2) go back and tell me winning lottery numbers, 3) go back to before me buying raingler net and inform me of impending dog barrier. LOL

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too!

My suggestion- 1) invent time machine, 2) go back and tell me winning lottery numbers, 3) go back to before me buying raingler net and inform me of impending dog barrier. LOL
Lol, you can become my trusted business advisor too, make it aloft easier for all of us!
Funny, this idea came about as many people thought the cargo net looked to hardcore for their vehicles or it blocked too much visibility sort of stuff. We also have the mounts that would work on the regular net to make it more vertical where I wished Nissan had put them to begin with, lol too easy.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Lol, you can become my trusted business advisor too, make it aloft easier for all of us!
Funny, this idea came about as many people thought the cargo net looked to hardcore for their vehicles or it blocked too much visibility sort of stuff. We also have the mounts that would work on the regular net to make it more vertical where I wished Nissan had put them to begin with, lol too easy.

Deal. You send me back in time, I'll gladly advise.

I got the divider mounted perfectly with some slight adaptations and use of the footman loops. And in all reality, I think Id prefer the cargo net, as I have 2 boxers, and that tight mesh would get absolutely slathered in slobber. Not to mention airflow (although Im sure that mesh also allows a fair amount of air).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you know what my apologies, i was not clear. up top it looks very tight! i was referring more to the bottom. it is more open there. but then again, if i really need to keep my dogs in the back i can flip the seat divider up, so good job! i like your implementation.

curious, how strong is it? i know your products so i assume very, i may use it as a general cargo divider. with the seats in full flip down mode.
I gotcha. This could be done, it would just take mounts at the lowest corners and on top the wheel wells. Certainly possible if one wanted it built that way.
the mesh is the weakest point and it's not your normal "mesh" It's very hard to cut with a pocket knife and rated at 216 psi. Everything else exceeds this rating. Didn't want dew claws to poke and get tangled up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
$109.95 will be price for this unit. Also including hardware to locate top to backside of D pillar for more vertical optional mounting.

Will update link shortly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts