Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after searching the boards and reading the sticky on lift types it looks like a Coil and AAL lift would be the best for me. I do plan on adding the Schrockworks bumper and winch. with realatively limited heavy off roading (I live in AK, we almost are always "off road") does this seem the like the way to go. Our X is traditionally my wifes truck but we use it for trailering ATV's and camping and such. I plan on going with 285/75/16 BFG A/T's or Terra Graplers. does this combo sound like it will work? apreciate any advice, I'm pretty new to the Xterra's so I'm still learning here! Thank you.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you may want to stay away from the coil lift, many are switching over, it's just not a good option for our vehicles (especially yours since you don't have the bilstein front shocks, many problems with the non-offroad models)...

if you want a great performing suspension option look at the radflo coilovers from prg...you can get a smaller one then listed on their website that does not require upgrading the UCAs (and they are $100 less too).

AAL is fine in the rear, again, might want to look to PRG for their deaver leaf pack upgrade.

if you feel the need to stick the the coils in the front consider upgrading the front shocks too...for safety reasons.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I was looking at the $1,000 kit over at 4x4 parts, it comes with bilstiens front and rear the coil over coils and AAL plus the brake lines. If igure if I'm going to do it I want it right considering it's really the wifes truck!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
call greg @ prg...for $1000 shipped (or right around there) you can get 2" radflos, deaver leaf pack and bilstein 5125 shocks for the rear

waaaaaaaaaaaay better then the AC kit, i run this kit as does others, and we LOVE it!!! you would too...only things extra you would need to buy are the extended brake line and camber bolts (greg will sell you camber bolts for $50 if you buy a kit from him).

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
willgr1 said:
call greg @ prg...for $1000 shipped (or right around there) you can get 2" radflos, deaver leaf pack and bilstein 5125 shocks for the rear

waaaaaaaaaaaay better then the AC kit, i run this kit as does others, and we LOVE it!!! you would too...only things extra you would need to buy are the extended brake line and camber bolts (greg will sell you camber bolts for $50 if you buy a kit from him).
sounds good thanks alot.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm ahhhhhh yeah I'm a newbie who is PRG? and do you have a link to that set-up? I'm learning here! :confused1:

·
on line
2,077 Posts
that full setup is not online, the 3" radflos are, they are $100 more than the 2".....the deavers and the bilsteins are on the website.

prgproducts.com

take the difference in time zones into account, prg is in cali, i always call around 11 am cali time and i'm always able to talk to someone

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Greg has been super busy (I think hes trying to launch his new web site or something)... he hasnt returned anyones calls or messages, or emails. Dont feel bad. Try getting in touch with Jen over there also. She might be able to help.... Is their new email address on the website, I know he changed it about a month or two ago?

Anyway, gregs stuff is what you want. I talked to a few people who got the AC kit (with coils and bilsteins) and they werent too happy with it. So go for the PRG set up for sure.

·
on line
463 Posts
Look around our posts, there is a picture of PRG's shackle.
Very sweet, and it lifts the rear just enough at the lowest setting, that's where mine is set. The shackles can go about two inches higher, just by moving the bolts up. The adjustment is on the top, so there's no dragging over rocks.

·
on line
106 Posts
I am gonna say they are busy!! they just sent me order for 2" spacers in front. 1 1/2" deaver pack for the rear and I also ordered the Blistein rear shocks too. I have heard this is a pretty good setup.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANKS I'm learning alot on this forum, I feel edjumacated!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts