Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
You might want to put something in the shrockworks forum under vendors. I have seen Jim read and respond occassionally there.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well seeing as how the extent of my inner grease-monkey is limited to changing out my wiper blades (which still took me a while, that damn tricky little lever got the best of me), I'd rather have a pro do something major like that. That way I know it's not gonna jack up my X, fall off, AND I get the benefit of watching and taking it all in. Believe me, I would love to be able to do all this stuff myself, but not really all that educated in mechanics. Def up for having people over for a "Mod Party", like with my old local Jeep Club back in VA. A bunch of tools, guys, beer and pizza...always got the job done.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I personally think it's very important to be able to work on your own vehicle if you wheel. Even if you can't rebuild the engine on the trail, it's good to have a decent working knowledge of how it operates and be able to do some work yourself. This might be the difference between being stuck in the woods or limping your way back to a major road to be picked up by a tow truck.

All I am saying is...take some time to learn the vehicle and one of the best ways to do this is install your own mods. With MC's how-to's just about anyone can install the Shrock products...just need a starter tool set and build from there. It's fun, rewarding and you might just save yourself a huge headache while on the trail.

·
on line
105 Posts
They definitely install. I stopped by Jim's shop last month and picked up my front bumper when I was in Houston for a business meeting. When the boys saw me in my jacket and tie they assumed I was going to have them install it.

If you have not taken on a project like this and don't have the tools, I can understand why you would be hesitant to take it on. What are you getting from Jim?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yeah the wait is long but well worth it... Jim will probably install it if you tell him you are picking it up locally and let him know before hand you would like him to install it.... But if for some reason he cant... Just let me know and i will help you do it!!! Its very easy... and I could have done it myself but his guys basically offered to do it, so i let them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts