Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow X lovers. I've got a severe squeak in my right front suspension. The mechanic thinks it's in the shock and recommends replacing the entire assembly. It's a Bilstein 4600 and I can't find a fully assembled version.

Is there another brand that offers fully assembled struts with similar performance to the 4600?

Thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had a bad squeak in mine shortly after I bought it. It turned out to be the top end bushings were shot and needed replacement. It was fairly easy to do, once I got ahold of a proper spring compressor (My buddy owns a shop and let me use it). I bought the Moog Upper Spring Seat kit from Rock Auto for something like $25 per side.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have never seen a Bilstein spring - or assembled pair.

If you are replacing the spring as well, you really should replace both sides at once, since the other side will have no doubt sagged by now.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
There was a place that would sell 5100's assembled, but we don't talk about that place around here.

Nisstec offers 6125's assembled, but you're paying for them to actually assemble them for you. Cheaper to have a shop do it for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There was a place that would sell 5100's assembled, but we don't talk about that place around here.
Lol! Is that Toyota parts dept?

I am about to replace my front shocks with Bilstein 4600. The existing hardware is corroded, so I will replace all the bushings and mounts to avoid creaking and other issues down the road. I have purchased all the parts from NissanPartsDeal.com:
No code has to be inserted here.
I paid $217.31 for everything with shipping. I only needed one of the 01125-0047UBOLT and one 08918-3441ANUT FLANGE, HEX as the other nut and bolt are in like new condition. You may want to order two of those (one for each sides).
I was having trouble removing the top nut off the strut mount. Of course I could just cut it off with a cutoff wheel while having the spring compressor on... Or to avoid any physical trauma, I may just to take mine to a shop.
Got the rear ones replaced in 20 minutes thought. Piece of cake!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts