Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's Xterra is being modeled for the rear bumper on our model X's?

I was just wondering what size tires he is running and if he has some kind of lift on it.

Thanks!

·
on line
89 Posts
yeah those are 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs. Those are the tires, and size I am going to run here in a bit.

·
on line
89 Posts
I believe it is with spacers up front and shackles rear, dont hold me exactly to that one, but I think that is it.

·
on line
107 Posts
My lift is the AC coils up front (no spacers) and the AC AAL in the rear (no shackles yet, but I am thinking of getting the revolvers now that they are out for the Next Gens)

·
Read Only
656 Posts
dnorton said:
My lift is the AC coils up front (no spacers) and the AC AAL in the rear (no shackles yet, but I am thinking of getting the revolvers now that they are out for the Next Gens)
How much lift does the AC AAL give you? Why did you choose AAL rather than rear shackles? Advantages/disadvantages of AAL vs shackles?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey DNorton. I love the setup on your rig. Are you happy with the coils? I have heard that some people feel like the coils are a bit too hard and that you get a top out feeling I guess?

I too would like to know the benefits and disadvantages of a shackle vs. an add a leaf lift for anyone who knows.

Thanks!

·
on line
335 Posts
AAL increases load capacity, stability of the rear end *makes things stiffer*

loses articulation. - there's more of an issue with driveline vibration on the 2nd gens using AAL rather than shackles

shackles increase articulation, less likely to have vibration problems.

flatten leaf pack (bad) and makes the rear end less stable at speed.

but the big thing is AAL = better load, dec articulation shackle=more articulation

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then I suppose that if I was interested in getting a shrock back bumper with tire carrier, I should leaning more over to the AAL eh?

Has anyone here combined a shackle with an AAL lift?

This is totally off topic but I am greedy for knowledge and so I have to ask.

On the rear differential there is a bar that runs right across the axle. I don't know the name of it off the top of my head but I read somewhere that when going off roading that bar should be removed.

I imagine there is a purpose to that bar which will prohibit me from just taking it off full time right?

Anyone, anyone? Thanks for the info!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I run (Calmini) AAL and (AC) Shackles.

That bar is the anti-sway bar (usually jsut called the sway bar). Mine has been over for over a year. Taking off while wheeling is usually a good idea, give you more flex in the rear which helps keep the rear tires on the ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts