Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I phoned a Unique Wheels distributor in Canada and found these wheels that are a 16x8 with 6 bolt by 4.5 with a 5 inch backspacing. He claims to say that they will fit given that our new X's have this bolt pattern/B.S. The only thing is that the rim will stickout an 1.5 inches more that my stock 16x 7 OR rim, which I want.

Because they are a special order he will not refund them. So I need to know has anyone tried fitting these rims or even have them....
I do have the correct specs for the new X's 16x7, 6 on 4.5 with a 5.5 BS right?
Please let me know

here are the wheels
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=16&c=1&pc=52193&rw=8&bp=6-114.3

thanks

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Just because you have the specs right doesnt mean they will fit. Our calipers are oddly large (or something like that). But I am guessing since they are pushed out a little more (different backspacing than stock) they should fit. But since the wheels will be sticking out a little more then you will not be able to fit 285/75/16's without a lift.

So basically my answer is "I donno." And I dont think anyone on this forum has those wheels.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I don't know if they will fit or not, but backspacing has nothing to do with the fitting problem. It has to do with the hub pad and the caliper hitting it.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I answered my own question...I called Discount tire spoke to their sales reps and they said that this rim has been test fitted on the 06 Xterra and it does fit.
So if any of you out there are interested....there you go another rim that fits!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hmmmm, no offense, but I'll believe it when I see a pic of your X with them on. :)

I have been told by a number of suppliers that a certain wheel fits and they end up not. I have two AR wheels in my basement that I was told would fit and didn't. The company I bought them from wanted me to pay shipping back to them and pay a restocking fee because I opened the box. It was easier to just keep them.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well then it seems the best thing to do would be to buy one, test fit it (and make sure you take a picture for all of us here as proof) then buy the rest if they do fit.

Like Muzik said, some companies dont test fit them but they claim that they do fit.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you'd figure a company like discount tire with broad customer base would not lie...but just to reassure me I called Discount again and talked to another sales rep and he said that they were probably not test fitted on the X, but reassured me that with the 16X8 6-4.5 12B Unique wheels it should fit a 16x 7 6-4.5 wheel with an offset between +11 - +64, so with Xterra's being +30 he said your golden.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
But again, off-set and back spacing doesn't fix your fitment issues. A lot of people don't understand what the problem is.

I'll see if I can find the post from someone that explained it better than I could ever.

And also, the fitment issue is only on the front. Most any wheel with the correct bolt pattern will fit the rear.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I have decided to order 1 and take the gamble, the problem is I live in Canada and basically I got shit to choose from with respect to manufacturers. I just cant drive to my local tire shop and ask if they have this wheel in stock. All these wheels become custom orders up here. It really sucks.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Here are pictures that show the problem.

Thank PonyBoy for these. He's actually the one who brought this to my attention oh so long ago.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
THIS may also help you. Don't know for sure though.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
on line
471 Posts
This probably doesn't help at all but I'll let you know anyways. I just saw these rims today on a 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee I was working on. Did not really look at them to closely to tell you if they fit the X, but if you looked at the 94' jeep specs you may be able to find out. The rims had BFG All terrain T/A KOs on them and it looked like 16" rims. The tires did stick out a little bit like you said.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
miles said:
Muzikman said:
Here are pictures that show the problem.

Thank PonyBoy for these. He's actually the one who brought this to my attention oh so long ago.
Thanks..I see what you mean now.
But then how does some of our spare steelies fit?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts