Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
580 Posts
He sure won't be appreciated out on a trail.

Especially by any wildlife photographer like myself that is on the trail I know areas around me that much of the wildlife would run and hide hearing a loud vehicle. I have witnessed a desert big horn sheep hear my shutter click on my camera from about a mile away.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Especially by any wildlife photographer like myself that is on the trail I know areas around me that much of the wildlife would run and hide hearing a loud vehicle. I have witnessed a desert big horn sheep hear my shutter click on my camera from about a mile away.
If a sheep could hear a shutter click from a mile away then SURELY it could hear a motor running with a quiet exhaust LOL. So in reality if animals have such good hearing who cares if the exhaust is loud because they can hear something so quiet as a camera shutter.

·
Registered
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
580 Posts
If a sheep could hear a shutter click from a mile away then SURELY it could hear a motor running with a quiet exhaust LOL. So in reality if animals have such good hearing who cares if the exhaust is loud because they can hear something so quiet as a camera shutter.
I have had many times where I was able to stop and see wildlife because my X is still stock quiet just to end up with it being scared off as I am trying to get a picture all because someone with a loud exhaust came driving by.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Does taking the second cats out trigger the engine light or nah?
As said, no. The secondary cats are not monitored by anything, so there's no way it could trigger a check engine light. Replacing them with delete pipes will give you that horrendous, obnoxious sound you're looking for. ESPECIALLY when the engine is cold. I replaced my secondaries with Doug Thorley secondary cat delete pipes and absolutely hate it. Sounds very similar to @N.Fl.X's clip above (no offense, just think it's an awful sound.

I'll be replacing the delete pipes with regular cats eventually...

·
Registered
434 Posts
As said, no. The secondary cats are not monitored by anything, so there's no way it could trigger a check engine light. Replacing them with delete pipes will give you that horrendous, obnoxious sound you're looking for. ESPECIALLY when the engine is cold. I replaced my secondaries with Doug Thorley secondary cat delete pipes and absolutely hate it. Sounds very similar to @N.Fl.X's clip above (no offense, just think it's an awful sound.

no offense taken...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You do you and the only thing that matters is that you like it. I remember being 16 and putting cherry bombs on my chevelle and my dad hated it. Having said that, there is nothing that sounds worse than a loud V6. All of them sound like absolute crap, must be firing order or something.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Do you have just a cat delete? or any aftermarket muffler as well?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts