Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Docking station. Installed with pics. "updated"

4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Mark 
#1 ·
Ok, i got the garmin docking station and garmin nuvi 750. Im going to install the stuff today. Its pretty straight forward, great directions. But i never mess with anything electrical. Anything to watch out for? I guess if you need something to reference, go look at the thread titled "garmin nuvi instal."

Thanks.

Only other option was to be a puss and pay the local car audio place i use and pay them like 30 bucks to do it for me.

#7 ·
mcampana said:
Yeah im a vag. That whole install took me a total of 20 minutes start to stop. Great finish matches the interior.
Good to hear. Where did you get it from?
I ordered mine from thenismoshop.com yesterday.

#15 ·
D-Rock said:
I've seen about 4 Garmin models that will fit into the dock, the 750 being the high end. Since if I were to do this it would be on a budget and I would probably go with the low end (250 I think), what would I be missing out on?

D-Rock
Check Garmin's site to compare, BUT I will say that www.cheapstingybargains.com had the 750 for about $250, and if you want bang for your buck, you can't beat that. I tried finding the 250 around that price and couldn't, so why get that when you can get a kick ass one for cheaper

Looks good though Mark, if I wasn't getting my rear tire carrier and sliders, that would be my next purchase

#22 ·
contenderv07 said:
Check Garmin's site to compare, BUT I will say that www.cheapstingybargains.com had the 750 for about $250, and if you want bang for your buck, you can't beat that. I tried finding the 250 around that price and couldn't, so why get that when you can get a kick ass one for cheaper
I think that was when HSN.com had it for a today's special price of $299.9X and then using a discount coupon code. Since then, HSN has modified their website and no coupons can be used on the Garmin 750.

#26 ·
mcampana said:
Thats a 20 min install for someone who has never taken the dash apart or is comfortable messing with the electrical system. Which you barely do. The wire tap is waaaaay easier to install than i thought it would have been.

Would you say it would be just as easy to do the install with an aftermaket
HU vs. the stock "S" HU?

I'm guessing it's a simple case of 'tapping' the power source, regardless of the HU...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.