Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got the garmin docking station and garmin nuvi 750. Im going to install the stuff today. Its pretty straight forward, great directions. But i never mess with anything electrical. Anything to watch out for? I guess if you need something to reference, go look at the thread titled "garmin nuvi instal."

Thanks.

Only other option was to be a puss and pay the local car audio place i use and pay them like 30 bucks to do it for me.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
It looks like a pretty clean install, should be to hard, give it a shot, if ya can't figure it out, then pay someone.

·
on line
807 Posts
mcampana said:
Yeah im a vag. That whole install took me a total of 20 minutes start to stop. Great finish matches the interior.
Good to hear. Where did you get it from?
I ordered mine from thenismoshop.com yesterday.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, i got it form thenismo shop as well. Its well worth the money, it totaly looks like part of the dash. Perfect. Im leaving the gym now. Ill snap some shitty pics with my phone. My digital cammera finally died. I think it was the first digital cammera ever sold.

·
on line
139 Posts
I've seen about 4 Garmin models that will fit into the dock, the 750 being the high end. Since if I were to do this it would be on a budget and I would probably go with the low end (250 I think), what would I be missing out on?

D-Rock

·
on line
896 Posts
D-Rock said:
I've seen about 4 Garmin models that will fit into the dock, the 750 being the high end. Since if I were to do this it would be on a budget and I would probably go with the low end (250 I think), what would I be missing out on?

D-Rock
Check Garmin's site to compare, BUT I will say that www.cheapstingybargains.com had the 750 for about $250, and if you want bang for your buck, you can't beat that. I tried finding the 250 around that price and couldn't, so why get that when you can get a kick ass one for cheaper

Looks good though Mark, if I wasn't getting my rear tire carrier and sliders, that would be my next purchase

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Heh Mark, does the GArmin have to be unhooked to close the top, or does it fold down on its own? Do you have to power it on once it is open?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
My local dealership put one of those in an 08. It's pretty slick looking. The nice feature of just unhooking the GPS unit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts