Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabin filter is something that we all need to replace in our cars from time to time. If you don't do it in time or using a poor quality filter, it may be bad for your health, as the air inside of a car may be even more polluted than outside. There is dust, dirt, exhaust gases and million of other harmful bacteria and germs on the road.

K&N cabin air filter is one of the best filters on the market to withstand all of above. Check why in this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERcY9FTbDME

- Freshens and cleans incoming cabin air
- Helps control odors
- Helps capture most mold, mildew, fungus, spores, bacteria, germs, pollen and allergens
- Factory fit - pre-treated and ready to install for your model.
- Electrostatically charged to hold dirt and dust
- 10 year/100,000 mile limited warranty

+ It is reusable! So you don't have to spend money on a new filter ever - simply clean it, recharge it and reuse again!

Click on the link to select the correct air filter for your model:

2005-2015 - all models:
http://www.carid.com/2005-nissan-xterra-air-intakes/kn-cabin-air-filters-54312266.html

How often do you change your cabin air filter?

Inquire about discounts for forum members in the comments!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
From the PDF:

K&N recommends servicing your washable cabin air filter every 12 months or 12,000 miles
Clearly K&N hasn't seen our cabin filters after a trail run.

So ... I spray a specially formulated (and purchased) "cleaner", rinse with a hose, then spray with a specially formulated (and purchased) "refresher" to maintain the electrostatic properties. The "Refresher Kit" is ~$15.

All for ~$90 and guaranteed for 10 years/100k miles?
Is it still guaranteed if I exceed the recommended replacement interval?
I tend to replace my in cabin air filters every 4000 miles or so. Approximately 3-4 times a year. Often more.

How long will the bottles in the Refresher Kit last at my usage?
Is the guarantee a cash refund or product replacement?

Answer these questions and I may consider it.

I'm spending ~$9 a set online for current replacements.
That's 2 to 2.5 years at the cost of this K&N set.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
How much horsepower does it add?

How well does it filter compared to paper?
Does it make a cool sound when I'm on the gas? Woooshhh - pshhhhhh.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
can't say this for to many cars, but, top or bottom?
S&S correctly answered "behind the glove box".

That cubbie above the glovebox is where you store your dikfer.

·
Vendor
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All for ~$90 and guaranteed for 10 years/100k miles?
Is it still guaranteed if I exceed the recommended replacement interval?
I tend to replace my in cabin air filters every 4000 miles or so. Approximately 3-4 times a year. Often more.

How long will the bottles in the Refresher Kit last at my usage?
A cleaner kit is good for 2-4 filter cleanings depending on the filter condition according to the manufacturer. I've just emailed our representative at K&N in regards to your question on the warranty, will let you know asap.

We sell these kits at the lowest price as we are the authorized online dealer of K&N products, the shipping cost depends on your location and can't be waved, however our sales reps can still provide you with additional 3% discount on your purchase. Call us in at 800-505-3274 to get your discount!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts