Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Can you pros tell by these two photos on how badly flattened out these leafs are.. If so..I ll be going the Nisstec route with a complete OME kit w/Dakar leaf packs..

My truck drives well, it handles very well..and so forth..Just wondering if by the looks of these original leafs, if not maybe its time for a swap...
usually some light off roading, and more often than not, some heavy loading in the cargo area..stones etc..

Thanks for your help..

profile shot of this past winter..

·
on line
10,980 Posts
If you're happy with the ride, and current height, they look fine to me ... if you *want* to upgrade on the other hand, and need an excuse; then yes, they're crap and should be replaced immediately.

:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're happy with the ride, and current height, they look fine to me ... if you *want* to upgrade on the other hand, and need an excuse; then yes, they're crap and should be replaced immediately.

:eek:ccasion5:
The honesty in this forum is what keeps me coming back all these years :crybaby:It's sometimes just overwhelming joy...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Does your X bottom out with weight in the back?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your X bottom out with weight in the back?
You know what..It doesn't..I had 35 mini pave stones (the ones that you use to shape around a garden for example)..heavy to say the least when there's 35 sitting in the cargo area..plus a few bags of crushed stone screening and a few bags of black earth..and the drive home..albeit the truck was sagging.., it did not bottom out.. I have a photo somewhere with the truck loaded up that exact day....

I think it s the stance that is bothering me more than the performance...
I look sagged next to any 2012 + Xterra I'm next too..
I'll see what happens over the summer....thank for the help fellas..

·
Registered
193 Posts
it looks like someone lit 100 citronella candles underneath your truck and let them burn all the way out.

springs look fine however if you feel like you have a soft ride thats bottoming out alot, change em. A nice set of OME dakar's will run about 400 bones.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That's how mine looked - around normal roads even with a heavy load they don't bottom out, but any large bumps they would easily.

I got a set of Helwig helper springs and was shocked how much it improved the ride. Cheap and easy. No height difference but I haven't bottomed out since. Next step is full pack replacements but if there's no problems you're probably alright.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looks like someone lit 100 citronella candles underneath your truck and let them burn all the way out.

springs look fine however if you feel like you have a soft ride thats bottoming out alot, change em. A nice set of OME dakar's will run about 400 bones.
No candles here ;) I just dodged and burned the shadows and highlights in the photograph to make the leafs easier to view in the photo..»(photography stuff don`t mind it)

Thanks for all the answers...

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
yeah they look ok. my truck used to bottom out all the time on my stock suspension. the straw that broke the camel's back was when i had 4 people in my truck (me included) and a cooler of beer/food and it bottomed out constantly. really it shouldnt have at all. it was driving me nuts. so when i did my suspension i added an AAL and prg adjustable shackles and i havent bottomed out since. i'll replace my leaf packs eventually but for now the ride is fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts