Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the site and was curious if anyone can give me some advice on a bodylift. I have a 06 xterra 4WD and i want to put 33 inch tires will i need the bodylift in order to clear them or is it possible to do some trimming and get away with it. Please guys let me know any advice would be great. I really Wanted 35's but im thinking that overkill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

That was fast thanks guys thats great i will check into meltmod to see if i can do that. So 35's is to much work huh? i figured that much so i will do the 33's. If i put a body lift then can i fit the 35's because i love the look of those beefy tires man lol.

·
on line
767 Posts
Yes you can fit the 35's, but you will also need to regear and trim some fenders. Also the R180 really isnt strong enough to wheel with 35's. I mean you can do it sure, but it will put a lot more stress on the diff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question

If i do the body lift as well what size do you recommend and also where should i get it. I looked at 4x4parts.com they said they have them in stock and ready to go but i dont know if maybe there are some cheaper prices out there. If you guys know of any place let me know. Im really excited about doing mods on this vehicle. Also i forgot to mention i have a deluxe suspension package already for 2". So idk if maybe im in the green for 35's. Anyone have 35's? Do they ride great or it's ok because i dont want to do this and then i dont like it. Sorry guys as you can see i am a newbie. I see on forums that you guys usually know what your talking about so i love to know from personal experiences if this would work well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you can fit the 35's, but you will also need to regear and trim some fenders. Also the R180 really isnt strong enough to wheel with 35's. I mean you can do it sure, but it will put a lot more stress on the diff.
Oh ok so i understand damn regearing is really expensive thats for the answer i am really gonna go for the 33's i dont want that problem lol thanks Ricer

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
you can run 35's with BL ans SL but you will definitely need to do some trimming. Also if you do decide to run 35's you need or should re-gear.

Also, I know you are new but please try to use the search function or good old google. There are multiple threads that exist regarding these topics. For example type into google "body lift 35's thenewx.org" and i promise something will come up. One last thing when you have a question don't just title it question when starting a thread. At least put what your question is regarding in the title. For Example "Do i need a Body lift for 35's?"

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you can run 35's with BL ans SL but you will definitely need to do some trimming. Also if you do decide to run 35's you need or should re-gear.

Also, I know you are new but please try to use the search function or good old google. There are multiple threads that exist regarding these topics. For example type into google "body lift 35's thenewx.org" and i promise something will come up. One last thing when you have a question don't just title it question when starting a thread. At least put what your question is regarding in the title. For Example "Do i need a Body lift for 35's?"

Welcome to the site!
Thanks i will definitely do some research lol and i know now what to put in the title. I was gonna look on google an stuff first but i figured u guys would respond quick enough. Which you guys did so i will get some pics up when i am done with my mods. I want to do all black Xterra black out everything. Do you guys think that would look sick?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts