Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a base 2007 X that came without fog lights. It's wired for them and I managed to find a 2007 fog light stalk for 2 bucks over the weekend.

So now I'm on to finding some lights. Am I stuck with OEM or do any of the cheaper aftermarket ones on eBay or Amazon work?

I've been searching the site - I can't seem to find any evidence of successful installs with the aftermarket ones but I may have missed something. I was looking at the Blinglights but it looks like they don't fit the factory holes from a couple of threads.

Thanks

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I don't need to go aftermarket...

I was able to find the OEM fog lights for $85 including shipping/no tax from Source One Auto. Coupon code for 5% off is: Save5

https://www.sourceoneautoparts.com

The cheapest I could find the aftermarkets for was $70/pair - I think the extra $15 for piece of mind that they'll fit is worth it.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
the lights look right. It does not say if it includes mounting hardware. You may be able to get the clips needed from your dealership but some have been told they need to buy replacement lights to get them.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't certain if the Source One Lamp kit would have the hardware either. I figured that I could get the hardware from Courtesy if need be.

Per their site it looks like I need this hardware.
Clip 01241-N50001 Qty: 4 Price: $3.98
Clip 62228-N50001 Qty: 4 Price: $1.02
Bolt-Hex 08146-N50025 Qty: 4 Price: $0.76

I'll update the thread once I receive the lamps and let you know if they included the hardware. If they did this is quite a deal for $85.

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The lights from Source One didn't come with hardware.

Do these look OEM to you guys? Sorry not the best pics.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
http://www.courtesyparts.com/xterra-n50-2005-2014/genuine-nissan-parts/body-electrical/263-fog-lamp/-c-533_534_538_558.html

Edited:
Bunch of pictures and links to each individual clip. Then i clicked on the section on the left on Courtesy's website and i noticed it gave you all 3 blown up pictures that i copied and hosted with all the part numbers and each of the parts i linked.
Sometimes it helps to look first to see if someone has done all the hard work for you lol
just an fyi with courtesy parts, the part numbers on there site are not nissan part numbers, those part numbers only work on courtesy parts site.

·
Registered
248 Posts
just an fyi with courtesy parts, the part numbers on there site are not nissan part numbers, those part numbers only work on courtesy parts site.
They are Nissan part numbers. The larger numbers generally starting with a "0" are Nissan numbers and the shorter ones are but only half of the number. It is the Nissan part number for the part itself but the second half of the number which Courtesy generally doesn't have is the vehicle designation for that specific part.

At least in my experience with all the things i have looked up. May not apply to everything. The items in the FSM and Nissan parts lookup have always matched what i pulled up on Courtesy.

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to close out this thread.

I went to my local dealer for the clips and bolts. They were useless. They stated the parts were only sold as part of a kit and refused to make any effort to find the hardware for me individually.

So I bought the remaining hardware from Courtesy Parts. The only item I was a tad confused upon is the instructions posted above mentioned needing only 2 of each of the clips and bolts. Courtesy's kit says there are 4 of each.

I bought 4 just in case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts