Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently became the owner of a 2007 Xterra that did not come with factory crossbars. I have perviously been the owner of Thule and Yakima racks on other vehicles. However I decided I didn't want to buy new towers to fit to the over sized rails on the X factory rack. My solution cost about 35$ and took me about two hours minus the paint dry time. I thought I should share in case anyone else was thinking about this type of solution.

I used;
-x4 2.5" U-bolts (Upgraded to nylon lock nuts), from a home improvement store
-x2 60" lengths of steel tube, from a steel and welding supply store
-x1 cheap can of truck bed liner

I think the assembly process is pretty self explainitory, note I did use a cut off wheel to trim down the U-bolts after assembly.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
All I see is a big minus symbol -

Reactions: AlbatrossCafe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry I just started using google to host. Think i need to change some settings

Edit: think my settings are good to host from google now, can anyone confirm? Hoping to have it straight before I have something more useful to share

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sorry I just started using google to host. Think i need to change some settings

Edit: think my settings are good to host from google now, can anyone confirm? Hoping to have it straight before I have something more useful to share
For me, photos 2 & 3 are not showing up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres 2 and 3 linked from a public google photo album. If I cant smooth this out with google I may switch hosting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently became the owner of a 2007 Xterra that did not come with factory crossbars. I have perviously been the owner of Thule and Yakima racks on other vehicles. However I decided I didn't want to buy new towers to fit to the over sized rails on the X factory rack. My solution cost about 35$ and took me about two hours minus the paint dry time. I thought I should share in case anyone else was thinking about this type of solution.

I used;
-x4 2.5" U-bolts (Upgraded to nylon lock nuts), from a home improvement store
-x2 60" lengths of steel tube, from a steel and welding supply store
-x1 cheap can of truck bed liner

I think the assembly process is pretty self explainitory, note I did use a cut off wheel to trim down the U-bolts after assembly.

What cargo box is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts