Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !
So I desisted to do a vlog about my Xterra... still new to this video thing as for vlogging but dont judge to harsh lol )))
I hope to share my experience with this car with you guys )

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone !!!
I have made a new videos where I do some work on my Xterra with some shocking results at the end...

P.S gosh.. with each video the edit timeline is getting more busy and hectic 😅

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello everyone! And here we go with a big video we're i am doing a full installation of a back up and dash camera with a wiring to the fuse box. I hope you guys find this video funny and helpful

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome videos! Instant subscribe for me.
Oh thank you so much !!! :D (y) its very pleasant to see that some one is watching those videos and maybe just maybe they can be helpful in one way or another.
and maybe fun at the times as well )) it a bit of a mix of 2 genres but I feel like it might be more refreshing like that... a bit of for everyone ))

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Now please do one explaining how the bypass removes transmission cooling capacity and is a temporary band-aid to get you by until you replace the radiator.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now please do one explaining how the bypass removes transmission cooling capacity and is a temporary band-aid to get you by until you replace the radiator.
Well what can I say... I am not a big utuber with budget to do suspension upgrade or something big at the moment so I film what I can film.. I can't please everyone but thank you for critique

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
882 Posts
What @outback97 is saying is for you to add in your current SMOD Prevention video a statement that the “bypass” mod is NOT a permanent solution and should ONLY be done until a new radiator is purchased and installed WITH THE BYPASS THEN RETURNED TO NORMAL OPERATION, when the new radiator is in place and functional, to restore proper transmission cooling in low airflow and or high demand usage.

The potential for transmission failure is exacerbated with an active bypass in place. Towing and slow-crawl offroad travel are 2 instances of possible transmission overheating due to an active bypass that has reduced overall cooling effectiveness of the system in low airflow or high demand situations. Primarily where the auxiliary external cooler has decreased efficiency due to lack of forward airflow.

To casually introduce the bypass without having a plan in place for eventual radiator replacement and restoration of the OE intended design implementation MAY CAUSE DAMAGE to the transmission.
The “bypass” mod is NOT a permanent solution. Only a stop-gap until a new radiator that no longer poses the same threat as the OEM units that fail is installed and the bypass removed to be returned to normal operation.

One MUST understand the FULL POSSIBLE ramifications of mods BEFORE teaching others how to do them.

Reactions: outback97

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see what you mean.. Yes I will add that statement in description that its advised to replace the radiator eventually and I was going according to this thread... ( and I saw that alot of people where confused actually how to do it still )

but to prevent any possible contamination in the mean time is a good thing to do just to be on a safe side

Thank you very much for feedback!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Well what can I say... I am not a big utuber with budget to do suspension upgrade or something big at the moment so I film what I can film.. I can't please everyone but thank you for critique
The video was good and I appreciate the work that goes into making something like that. As @MartinX rightly points out, if you are going to instruct people on how to modify their vehicle, it is important to fully explain to them the potential dangers of what you are showing them how to do. On your video you could simply add a title screen informing viewers about the bypass being temporary and mentioning the possible problems. From my personal experience, and that of many others on the forum, the bypass can cause your transmission to overheat.

MartinX explained it very well. For more info, IMO this is probably the most informative and well written thread about the transmission cooler bypass:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Working on the new video for Xterra but as I am editing the video, I just found out that the reverse procedure... of assemble some things are missing didn't recorded.. 😕
but they are exactly the same steps as taking it apart ... Now I am in a dilemma.. :unsure:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Working had on one of the videos ... from our off road fun...
from all the cameras all the footage came together to 70GB with over 7 hours combined video from all cameras
working on timing it down the the smore video with highlights of the trip lol
currently trimmed it down to 3.22 hours

1 - 20 of 20 Posts