Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the distance between the frame and the top of the leaf pack right behind the axle at full droop on a stock suspension? I'm toying with the idea of fabbing my own airbag system.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
It might be a little different ride to ride. Why not just jack yours up on the frame and let the axle hang. That will give you the best sure thing answer. Only takes about 5 mins if you have a jack and a couple jack stands. :dontknow: I'd measure mine for you but I'm all lifted and frankenstiend back there.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a yota p.u. that I used air lift airbags on.When I did a rear aal the bags would not expand far enough so I bought some high dense plastic about 1 inch thick to place between the bag and its perch mount.This called for a longer bolt which was easy to find and the spread of the bag when the vehicle was lifted say on a shop lift was enough to keep from tearing the bag from over stretching them.Ive got the same brand bags now on my x and intend to do an aal soon? More than likely ill probably do the spacer thing on these bags to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts