Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any direct fit high flow catalytic converters for our X? I am looking to replace the entire exhaust (headers, cats, and cat-back gibson system). Direct fit high flow cats are the only thing I haven't been able to find. Worse case I can always take it to a muffler shop and use the magnaflow universal fit cat...

·
on line
5 Posts
I never found a direct fit cat for my x so I went universal-- it's probably cheaper this way. A couple of nuggets of info if you choose to go this route:

-O2 extensions for an 05+ sentra R(4 wire) work for the X -- partstrain.com
-the second set of cats are "optional" depending on how environmentally friendly you are.

good luck

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Where did you get your headers from? :bounce:

·
on line
631 Posts
Mr. cannonball said:
-the second set of cats are "optional" depending on how environmentally friendly you are.

I knew I had no reason for them! :cheers: now i can cut them off!!

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't gotten any yet, I am still in the planning phase. Odds are that I will go with Nismo and get them direct from Nissan. I have a source and can get them at cost.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
pluckyduck said:
I haven't gotten any yet, I am still in the planning phase. Odds are that I will go with Nismo and get them direct from Nissan. I have a source and can get them at cost.
Sweet. I love it when thigs can get bought at cost, no money for "the man" :)

·
on line
564 Posts
driver X said:
Mr. cannonball said:

I knew I had no reason for them! :cheers: now i can cut them off!!
Depending on where you live and how environmentally friendly you are, both sets are optional!

Rob

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cost is money

Yeah, cost is the s**t. I got my SE wheels and tires for free and I got the neoprene Xterra seat covers at cost. The seat covers are $120 total for front and back when ordered at cost from Nissan. Just FYI.

So I am looking at Nismo headers, magnaflow cats, and then the Gibson cat back exhaust. Does anyone have some real (or even approximate) dyno numbers for how much actual HP and TQ this will add? I'm thinking maybe 20-30 at the engine, 15-20 at the wheels.

·
on line
735 Posts
Cats aren't the same as they were in 1982. I'd be willing to bet they'd support 300 hp. the 2 into 1 pipe and the headers should be where you spend your money first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts