1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
310 Posts
i originally did my hood blackout in plastidip.. used a little over 1 can of dip. few days later emptied another can on it and just wasnt happy with the stuff. if i could have used a sprayer then it would have turned out better for sure. it wasnt bad and the striping was barely noticeable but it was enough to drive ME nuts so i ripped it all off

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am inspired to spray it, hopefully spay it good!

Thanks for the tip

here is when i did the plastidipped blackout. went to the auto part store and got regular pinstriping material. 1/4" thick gloss black is what i happened to use. Use the pinstriping to outline your designated area then mask everything else off

PhotoGrid_1358879055243 by BischofJr, on Flickr

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dipped my hood as well. I have found that if you dont get the tape off soon enough, the dip dries too much and the edges start peeling up real bad, thats what happened to me. Also, i found it was much easier to take my hood off and pain it then to mask off the whole front of the X.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
yeah i did my fuel door just to see what it would look like and i now have little black dots and the finish of my white paint isn't glossy like it should be. its duller. ill post a picture later. no problems on wheels or plastic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts