Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Finally, got these things installed, after them sitting around for way too long. It was a super simple install, made that way thanks to great engineering of the aftermarket brackets. Hopefully, I'll run into you in the Cities one day for a .

Edit: not sure how I missed the fact that it was the lights with the round bezel that I needed for the flush look, but these are still perfectly good for light output.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Finally, got these things installed, after them sitting around for way too long. It was a super simple install, made that way thanks to great engineering of the aftermarket brackets. Hopefully, I'll run into you in the Cities one day for a .

Edit: not sure how I missed the fact that it was the lights with the round bezel that I needed for the flush look, but these are still perfectly good for light output.
How’s the cutoff? Any light on the windshield or dash? I’ve honestly never considered my roof lights usable because of how much light they put on the windshield/dash/hood.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
How’s the cutoff? Any light on the windshield or dash? I’ve honestly never considered my roof lights usable because of how much light they put on the windshield/dash/hood.
I haven't used them at night yet, but they seem to focus light well past the hood, based off how they project on the wall in my garage.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I haven't used them at night yet, but they seem to focus light well past the hood, based off how they project on the wall in my garage.
When you get them in the dark, report back if you can. No light spilled on the dash or windshield and minimal on the hood, and I’ll be getting a set.

·
AutoGuide Supporting Vendors
291 Posts

Looking good! Have you thought about swapping the standard bezel to our round bezel for a flush finish on your roof lights?

Guitar accessory Automotive lighting Wood Grille Font

If you're interested in this simple swap to fill the gap, you can find our round bezels here:

When you get them in the dark, report back if you can. No light spilled on the dash or windshield and minimal on the hood, and I’ll be getting a set.
Our TIR optics do a great job focusing the light and limiting spill on the dash, windshield, or hood compared to other brands using general reflector/generic optics.

However, it's important to consider the beam pattern/optic selected will impact the spill light. The optic used by RikRong is our driving optic that is a highly focused beam pattern.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can confirm. No spilled light on the dash/windshield and glare is almost nonexistent.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
105 Posts
Here's some pics from mines. Sport amber with driving beam. SS3 pods are a lot better. Beam is more focused and not floody. OEM lights gave a huge glare on windshield and hood. Didn't like using them. With the DD no problem. Plus the amber doesn't pick up as much particulates in the air and doesn't reflect it back to u.

Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood
Automotive lighting Plant Hood Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looking good! Have you thought about swapping the standard bezel to our round bezel for a flush finish on your roof lights?

View attachment 138992

If you're interested in this simple swap to fill the gap, you can find our round bezels here:

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Umm, yes I have. Lol I'm not sure why I didn't order the round ones, in the first place.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro-4X
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Hi all! Sorry I've been a little MIA the last week or so. The hood glare is definitely better than the stock lights as others have said. I run the pro driving pattern in white, and am very happy with the beam pattern. The driving pattern would be my suggestion to balance hood/windshield glare and area illuminated by the pods.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts