Registered
14 Posts
Username: digital_assassin

Make: Nissan
Year: 2014
Model: Xterra
Trim: PRO-4X
Color: Super Black

Comments: This is my 2nd Xterra, 2014 PRO-4X with leather package. My 1st was a 2006 X and we foolishly got rid of it for a Honda Civic that got good gas mileage since I got a promotion that gave me a company vehicle (Ford Edge). That car lasted a year and then turned into a Scion Tc since the Civic was uncomfortable and boring and then that turned into a GMC Acadia Denali when I opted out of the work vehicle in exchange for a raise to compensate and bought my FR-S. The Denali was nice, nicest car I've ever owned but it was utterly useless unless you wanted to only be on paved roads.

The wife and I really wanted the manual version but they are so damned hard to find and the dealer that had one was not cooperating on the trade in so we settled for the auto :). Not a bad thing since the FR-S is a manual and 100% built for speed when we need to run through the gears. I love to mod cars and have a wife that might not like the money being spent but likes the results so here we go with the next project.

She was purchased on 2/28/14. I promptly stripped her of any unnecessary plastic hangy downs. I tried taking off the body side molding but there are alignment pins on this model so if I strip it I will need to do body work to fill the holes which is not worth it. My 2006 didn't have these holes so it must be a new thing, boo Nissan. I must say that the wheels on the '14 PRO-4X are awesome. I don't see any need to swap them out. Might powder coat them but that's all.

Intro Photo: Here she is. Two weeks into ownership.

MODS

Exterior:
Mud Guard Delete
20% Front Window Tint and Visor

Interior:
Raingler RBN Net
Weathertech Front and Rear Mats

Upcomming:
Camo Green Plasti Dip
Rock Sliders
Front Bumper and Winch
Rear Bumper
Dephap style rack
Rear Spare Tire Mount
GOBI Ladder
Meaty Tires

Photos: Pending.....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
love those wheels, and i'm glad you kept the plastic door trim (looks way better with it on)!

Also , what are you dipping camo green? and the weather tech mats are awsome for the front but you may want to research the rears (they don't fit well).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
love those wheels, and i'm glad you kept the plastic door trim (looks way better with it on)!

Also , what are you dipping camo green? and the weather tech mats are awsome for the front but you may want to research the rears (they don't fit well).
Whole truck will be camo green. I dipped my FR-S Koi Orange and it's held up really well for a year now. Going to shoot both vehicles in the green. If you spray wax the dip it hardens a bit and will keep the paint underneath in excellent shape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
CLEAN! Love the wheels too! Pictures of the orange dipped FR-S!!
Ask and you shall receive.

I'm the guy working on the car in this pic. It's really nice having a friend with a lift!

If you can't tell, I really love my FR-S. My wallet however does not!

And for reference sake, here she is before I dipped her.

This car is going to be on the streets less and less as she goes full on track build. She's on stands in the garage right now undergoing the next round of mods for this summers track sessions.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Welcome fellow Portlander! :hello2: That FR-S looks awesome! Funny, me and another local member Travilla were just talking about olive drab projects I want to do to my X when we were hanging out just a few hours ago. Man I'd love to have an olive drab X. If you do yours up I'd like to meet up sometime to see it in person. Keep us posted, and again welcome to the site!

- Jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome fellow Portlander! :hello2: That FR-S looks awesome! Funny, me and another local member Travilla were just talking about olive drab projects I want to do to my X when we were hanging out just a few hours ago. Man I'd love to have an olive drab X. If you do yours up I'd like to meet up sometime to see it in person. Keep us posted, and again welcome to the site!

- Jay
I should be dipping it next month and love sharing with fellow enthusiasts. I'll give you a shout when I'm doing it and you can check out the process if you like.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm bringing this back from the dead. Did this ever happen?

*Edit*

Aaaaannd I should have read a little more. Guy hasn't been online in like 9 months. Probably gonna guess a negative on this one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts