Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok they are finally done. Pics are of the D44 version.

The Nissan axle version (for non-Off-road model 2005+ Xterra's) is done too. It Looks almost exactly the same. Will have pics of that one in a couple days.

The Ring is 3/8" Steel
The Guard is 1/4" steel
New longer SS Hex bolts included.

The design of this cover offers several benefits:

- No loss of ground clearance at what it already the lowest point on the truck.

- Complete protection of the vulnerable cap which can be pushed into the ring rear when hitting something in reverse.

- Prevents the lip from getting peeled back when dragging over rocks which will cause fluid leaks.

- Allows you to maintain the factory mounts for the emergency brake cable and the rear brake line.

- Doesn't require removal of the stock cover, re-sealing and re-filling.

Price is $109.00

Comes bare steel. Powder Coat Black +20.00.

Taking orders starting today. First batch ships in 4-5 weeks. After that, we plan to keep them in stock.

EDIT - Up on the www site now, link:

Diff Cover - Differential Protection

·
on line
358 Posts
Very nice. Looks like your usual level of fit and finish.

·
on line
210 Posts
Super Sweet - That's a very nice Valentine Days present LOL

I will spread the info on the XterraQuebec Club - You will probably have to ship some in Quebec this spring...

Regards

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Well, look at it this way, with the AC one you will be abel to drain the diff fluid without issue. :)

That's the only thing the Shrock doesn't address.

·
on line
589 Posts
I am going to be getting rid of my AC one and picking this one up. Besides working as a shovel when backing up the AC one costs me about 1.5" of clearance on what was already my lowest point. This seems worth it. Awesome work Jim :compress:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I would, but I don't feel like spending another $100+.

·
on line
641 Posts
Nice!

But I'm on mod strike until someone comes up with TC gears. Saving all my mod money until them.

After I get TC gears I'll order one of this covers. They look great!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Jim,

A few things.

1. You have a typo.

Complete protection of the vulnerable cap which can be pushed into the ring rear when hitting something in reverse.

I assume that shouls be "ring gear"

2. Since the manual tranny S and X models also have the D44 variant, to make it clear for people you should change your wording and also list the Nissan part numbers.

D44 Variant = M226 (With or without e-locker) (Models: Manual/Automatic Off-Road, Manual S and Manual X)

Non D44 Variant = C200 (Models: SE, Automatic S and Automatic X)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Looks good. I just did confirm that the model numbers are the same in the Frontier, what I can't confirm is which models really have which diffs. It doesn't state in the Service Manual.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Offroad said:
Nice!

But I'm on mod strike until someone comes up with TC gears. Saving all my mod money until them.

After I get TC gears I'll order one of this covers. They look great!
That's awesome. My wallet wishes I was on "mod strike."

I ordered one. I'm beginning to think that Jim could just start making up useless stuff (i.e. muffler bearings) and I would probably buy it.

I hope that thing is as heavy duty as it looks in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mcampana said:
So will that thing be a pain in the ass to install? Any photos of what goe into that? An jim...........You might as well add that to my order, make it black. Ill call
Remove a few bolts and bolt this on. You might loose about a cup of fluid, so you may need to top off. That's it. Call me or email. Need to know what axle you have.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts