Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the answer?

I don't see any reason that they would be but I wanted to be sure because I have a line on some skids that are advertised as being for the automatic (and I have a 6m).

Thank you!

John

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ASFIR. Brand new, super cheap.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Hey, cool ... don't think anyone has run those yet. Far as I had heard they were originally manufactured for the same gen Pathys ... and hadn't looked at Xterra applicability (so if they're being sold 3rd party, be advised about that). But unless they're a different product than what I'm thinking of (http://asfir4x4.com/skidplates/skidplates-nissan/skidplates-nissan-pathfinder), then they're super spendy new (~$1300 for a full set) ... but you'd be getting aluminum skids! Which is cool I guess, if you feel they'll work for you.

Just noticed, when digging up the product link I posted, that they do indeed offer an Xterra set ... so that's cool. Hopefully that's what's being sold, because I think it's a fairly new offering from them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies! I am ordering them through the US distributor (AOtech) and the full set will be less than $700+shipping. There are at least a couple of guys on this website that have them and have been pleased with them. I live in South Texas and I wanted some additional protection from stumps and occasional rocks - I have no intention of real rock climbing or anything like that anyway.

More protection than OE, less weight than steel, basically same price as steel = win!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts