Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Difference in Battery Size - 24F vs 35

53K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Just a Hunter 
#1 ·
Whats the difference with the size here? I have a choice of 24F with 700 CCA for $94.99 or a 35 with 640 CCA for $103.99.

I don't understand why the one witht he lower CCA is more expensive.

#7 ·
Thats the coupon i just found. I'm going to order it online witht he code and go pick the thing up.

To be fair to Sams - the policy is, they will replace or repair if the product is still under the "manufacturers warranty". All other extended warranties purchased through Sams are null and void if you let your membership expire. Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy that big screen of what not and get the extended warranty with it.

#10 ·
Went home at lunch and put the charger on the battery. The truck started up immediately with the charger hooked to it, but I left the charger on the battery during lunch. Within an hour, the charger brought the battery back up to 100%.

Thinking about this, I remembered that I had that ECM relay replaced just 3 weeks ago. Could that dang thing cause the car to have no power at all? No interier lights, etc?

#11 ·
Whats the difference with the size here? I have a choice of 24F with 700 CCA for $94.99 or a 35 with 640 CCA for $103.99.

I don't understand why the one witht he lower CCA is more expensive.
It was also my question and I got the answer from my own experience. I have a Rav4 which I replaced the OEM battery with 35N in 2011. "N" means it is for North America or cold region where I am. In 2016, I replaced the battery with 24F from Walmart also. I chose 24F because of higher spec but lower price. Now, it is getting cold and the battery does not give a good start. With an only 3-year old battery, I don't expect this situation. I realized that 35N, although lower in CCA, was preferred to be used in cold weather that's why I used it longer (5 years) than the 3-year old 24F. I will try to buy tomorrow the interstate battery from costco and I would like to see if it's better.

#12 ·
I replaced the battery with 24F from Walmart also. I chose 24F because of higher spec but lower price. Now, it is getting cold and the battery does not give a good start. With an only 3-year old battery, I don't expect this situation.
It is a walmart battery.... they only last 3 years. I went through 2 of them before moving up to an Interstate battery. If possible, buy from the distributor not a retail outlet.

#13 ·
Guys,

In my opinion, the only reason to choose a 35 sized battery over a 24f is for weight savings. The 24f is not an option which has recently been introduced.

The battery box in an xterra fits a 24f perfectly for good reason, it was designed for it. In 2005, when the 2nd generation Xterra was introduced, the 24f battery was standard.

Some years later, Nissan switched to the size 35 battery.
(Cost savings during that time period?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.