Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, although I am still looking for '07 Xterras, since they are few and far between I am starting to explore the option of low milage '06s. Is there any differences between an '06 and an '07? Do the Off Roads still have the Skid plates and locker rears and "the triple-cone synchos in second gear" (whatever that means)? I am assuming the same engine means that the HP and MPG are the same. Is that correct? Thanks.

·
on line
255 Posts
DBAX, If by 'RF audio' you mean the Rockford Fosgate Audio Package, then I believe you are in error. Perhaps you have a different source of info. than I do. Anyway, my position is that RF audio is not standard in '07 Off Road. It is a $900.00 option. At least that's what the Monroni(window) sticker says and the brochure.
RF audio is standard on the '07 SE according to the sticker and brochure.

·
on line
255 Posts
DBAX, Glad you enjoy the RF, we enjoy ours as well. Even with some hearing loss, I enjoy the apparently clear sound with no perceptable distortion or speaker noise when I crank it up. We have a Max with the Bose option which also puts out a nice sound.

Seels, A healthy '6 or new '7 may come down to how much money you save and how long you plan on keeping it(remember depreciation). Don't know if you have a significant other to consider, but... Our OR is my wife's daily driver and she really likes it. She recruited some tennis friends to attend a Becoming An Outdoors Woman workshop near Rocky Mtn. NP. She took 2 up w/ gear and brought 3 back w/gear. No snow this time. Last session, there was bad weather(6 to 9,000 ft), but no prob. up and back with the OR. She/we traded in a Rubicon for the OR. She/we tried a new '7 Rubi as well as a Sahara , but chose the OR. My wife liked the significant advantage in on road power, flexibility and civility of the OR and she can still bang around confidently off road in it. Guess this paragraph sounds like a commercial, but we are sold. Enjoy!

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. I may have something brewing here, don't want to jinx it, I'll let you know by next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts