Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a ballistic fab m226 diff cover but didnt come with a new diff plug. So i bought a MagHytec diff plug but is too small to fit the plug hole for the BF cover.

Anyone have this problem or suggestions?

Are the new ballistic covers suppose to come with new plugs?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just called Ballistic fab and they f'd up. They were suppose to send me a new plug with the diff and i just noticed they only sent me four new bolts so they are sending me those as well. Lets see how long it takes for these to get here since the diff cover took over 2 weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If your impatient - the screws are Socket Head Cap Screw 5/16"-18 Thread, 1" Length. Should be at your local store - Home Depot lists them at $.45 ea.

And if you want corrosion protection it's back to McMaster Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/#91274a244/=sv3ltn (Here in the salt belt these are what I used.)

Not sure about your area but here McMaster Carr orders placed on line arrive at the house the next day.

Scott

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your impatient - the screws are Socket Head Cap Screw 5/16"-18 Thread, 1" Length. Should be at your local store - Home Depot lists them at $.45 ea.

And if you want corrosion protection it's back to McMaster Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/#91274a244/=sv3ltn (Here in the salt belt these are what I used.)

Not sure about your area but here McMaster Carr orders placed on line arrive at the house the next day.

Scott
Thanks!

Just got an email from ballistic fab informing me that they are shipping out the plug and screwed today by FedEx and even have me the tracking number!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Excellent! Nice they responded so quickly. My cover installed with zero problems, but I did have an issue getting the standard fill cover I ordered. They first sent out a high fill cover. They made it right with no hassle, just time.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts