Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but came up empty, or just with EPDM stuff, which was replaced under recall about 2 years ago. Anyway, on with the show. 06, Manual, Off-road. 201,000 km.

Taking the last corner into work this morning, the Xterra died, or so I thought, all gauges went to 0, stereo cut out, but, the truck was still idling? WTF? Wouldn't take any throttle, so I idled it around the corner into the parking lot (manual trans). Turned off. Restarted fine, but the gauges go back to 0 and little to no response from the accelerator pedal. Battery is still connected and has good juice, obviously if it'll restart fine. Any ideas? IPDM again? Leave it parked where it is an hope someone steals it like they did my cargo trailer? Not that they'll get far idling along. :mad:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Could be the IPDM again or, I think, crankshaft (camshaft?) position sensor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ses light, only code stored is P0448 for the EVAP canister. I'm going to try swapping the IPDM relay with the fog light relay and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
I wonder if during the "recall repair" they just replaced the relay?
Reason I ask is this ... I never had a problem with the IPDM... but the recall was completed.
Now, I think I'm having a problem with it... I found the relays on ebay . bought 3, might be worth while.
However, if they did the whole board.... wonder if these still apply?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea what they did. The IPDM board in there right now is white. Any chance you have diag or photo of which relays to swap for a temp fix/troubleshoot? I don't see any pics in the sticky anymore.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fack. Changed relays, no change. Here's a little video clip of what happens when I start it.
http://youtu.be/N_eHmtIZ0Gw
It did respond once to the accelerator, but rest of the time you hear me hitting the gas, it did nothing. Any ideas short of towing it to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Hmmm Actually it sounds like you make have a bad accelerator pedal, that pedal is in essence a Switch, and the whole unit has to be replaced, but it is only a $35.00 part.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
You said that you only pulled a evap code out and there are no pending codes or history codes ? Does your scanner have live data stream that you can see both the throttle body and gas peddle reading ? This is a shot in the dark but try disconecting the Tb and ses if it goes into limp mode allowing it to rev a tiny bit .

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the voltage reg or alt. I had a spare rebuilt alt sitting around and swapped it in, problem solved. The alt was warm to the touch after sitting all day, was drawing a current from the battery and almost drained it after sitting 7 hours. Thankfully, it doesnt appear to have taken anything else out with it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts