Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
186 Posts
It really depends on what the inside of the wheel looks like. I know from my experience with Cragars they do not flare out quickly enough from where it contacts the hub to clear the calipers.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how would we determine this? is there a measurement they could take and give us? I'll test dummy one of these maybe...

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I guess long story short there are still no 16x8 black steelies that are a direct fit without spacers or adapters?

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I know it's frustrating but whatcha gonna do. I want to run 16x8 steel wheels too but I'm not going to use a fat ass spacer to do it.

Be patient young grasshopper.

·
on line
266 Posts
im pretty sure those wheels are prettymuch the same as the cragar soft 8's which do not fit

so those probably wont either.

and i highly doubt that any companies will be producing black steel 16x8 wheels for the new x as their is little to not market for them. for 16x8 you'll probably have to go alloy

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what do most people on here run? cragar soft 8's with adapters? I don't do any off road driving so that's not a concern, it's a city creature. But I must have black wheels. I must.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Paint or pwdercoat the stock wheels.

Most of us are running stock wheels. A few have steelies with spacers and a couple have aluminum MB wheels that fit.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
so what do most people on here run? cragar soft 8's with adapters? I don't do any off road driving so that's not a concern, it's a city creature. But I must have black wheels. I must.
Steel wheels and spacers are heavy. It's a lot more rotational mass that can cause problems for IFS trucks while off roading. Larger tires with meaty OR treads makes things even worse.

If you're a mall crawler, get the 16x8 Craiger soft 8's and spacers. :walk:

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok well at least we found out that they don't fit. so soft 8's and spacers it is. I've got a link to the ezaccesory website for the 1" or 1.5" spacers, and as I understand it you have to grind down the factory lugs to use the 1", and the 1.5" is too much. are there any spacers that you theoretically wouldn't have to grind down lugs to use? That would be ideal in case I have to go back to stockies for some warranty issue.

·
on line
186 Posts
If you could get the dimensions, I'm sure you could find a machine shop in the area to do the work and make it slightly thicker than one inch. I'm not sure what kind of machine costs it would have, but I doubt if it would be that much more than buying them straight up.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so I got spacers, and I'm getting ready to order the soft 8's, looks like ebay is the cheapest from summit, 60 per wheel with shipping. does anyone know anywhere cheaper? also does anyone know if you can run the wheels without that huge ugly chrome thing in the middle? I hope so...

·
on line
315 Posts
Summit is the cheapest place I've found, as far as that wheel. The chrome center caps are optional and not even included in that price, so I wouldn't worry about that!

Shoot, had I known you were gonna run those, I would have tried to sell you the ones in my garage!

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
armandov PM me man, I need to know whether to order the wheels online or get them from you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts