Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
and this is exactly why i choose to get dirty crawling under my truck on my days off to fix stuff. dont want to pay mech mark ups..

idk if its scam territory, but they definitely squeezed every bit they could( even perhaps some unnecessarily) out of this job.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Did you get a quote and approve the work before it was performed?
That’s exactly what I was thinking. The mechanic I go to always calls and confirm the parts needed and work going to be performed and general ballpark pricing before he even starts. That’s total BS if your mechanic just does whatever he pleases and then shafts you with the outrageous prices. $2000 is a lot for the job you got done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
676 Posts
That’s exactly what I was thinking. The mechanic I go to always calls and confirm the parts needed and work going to be performed and general ballpark pricing before he even starts. That’s total BS if your mechanic just does whatever he pleases and then shafts you with the outrageous prices. $2000 is a lot for the job you got done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s also illegal in some states so I would check your states board of automotive repair.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The O2 sensors are about $200 apiece for genuine OEM. Aftermarket sensors are a quarter of that. Nissan recommends they be replaced in pairs. I can't imagine what O2 sensors have to do with a coolant leak.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts