Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was installing a set of LED bulbs for my front amber directional/parking lights.
first LED worked fine... second LED bulb and the parking light went dark. i swapped back the OEm bulbs.. directionals work, they flash when locking car.. buteo not come on when i switch the lights to the park mode. i looked, sounds like i blew my F9 fuse.. and that is the other problem... the numbers in the fuse panel are impossible to read or follow. any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, worst case, pull the fuses one by one and check. Parking lights are on their own circuit.
found it. fuse blew... so now my next question.
i bought the recommended LED bulbs... obviously they caused the fuse to blow... any guesses if i should try installing them again? or are they just not going to work?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
A test light is dirt cheap and comes in handy for these occasions. Sometime a fuse looks good but could be blown.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
For others that do this (like I did yesterday) It’s a 10A fuse F9 in the square fuse box under the hood. It's labeled "Clearance L".

The reason it’s blowing the fuse is the socket takes a 3457K bulb which is different from a regular 3457 / 3157. Course I read that and then had to try a 3157 in it just to see for myself, my curiosity cost me $4 for a little package of fuses.

Just bought these 3457NAK Amber Cree bulbs on eBay. Hope they are right!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161217580654

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For others that do this (like I did yesterday) It’s a 10A fuse F9 in the square fuse box under the hood. It's labeled "Clearance L".

The reason it’s blowing the fuse is the socket takes a 3457K bulb which is different from a regular 3457 / 3157. Course I read that and then had to try a 3157 in it just to see for myself, my curiosity cost me $4 for a little package of fuses.

Just bought these 3457NAK Amber Cree bulbs on eBay. Hope they are right!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161217580654
interesting, so my "3157" LEDs will not work?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
3157 will work for stop/brake, and rear turn signals (if they are red). The rear turn signals take a 3156 but the 3157 will work when plugged in, just 2 contacts don’t get used. You will of course still need resistors to stop hyper flash. It’s a little strange as manual shows 3156AK for rear signal and 3457AK for front but a non K works in rear and not front.

Looked around for a diagram of the contacts and found these. You can see on one both + are on the ends, the other has both + on one side.

Regular

3057, 3157, 3157K, 3357, 3457, 4157

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Got the bulbs from the eBay link above today. They do work correctly in the front marker/signal socket.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Waited a little longer than a week to update but the bulbs are still good. One small issue, the lens fell off one of the projectors at some point in the last few days.

Of course it’s on the passenger side where I have to remove the battery tie downs and move the battery over so I can get my hand down there to remove the bulb.

I’m thinking some tape sticky side out on the end of a long straw should get it out fairly quick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts