Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys think that a muddy truck is "clean". I, on the otherhand, perfer clean rides. :) I went to a local detailer. My friend's Mustang was done, too.

-Dawn Wash
-Zaino Z18 Clay with Dawn Wash as lube
-P21s Wheel Cleaner for wheels
-TOL Tire Cleaner cut 50/50 for tires/wells

-Hi-Temp Extreme Cut/Optimum Car Polish via rotary and LC Cutting Pad @ 1700 rpm for light scratches (spot buff)
-Zaino ZPC via rotary and Meguiar's Polishing Pad @ 1200 rpm (x 2 on hood)
-Zaino Z6 wipedown

-Zaino Z2 Pro by hand on paint, wheels, glass
-Zaino Z16 on tires/wells
-Zaino Z8 final wipedown

Engine was cleaned with TOL Tire Cleaner cut 50/50 and dressed with CD-2 Engine Detailer

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Looks great! I don't know why people like dirty. Dirty is really bad for your vehicle. Soon as I get done wheeling, I start the cleaning process that takes days. I still haven't got all the dirt from ECXC off it. Be surprised where mud gets and what it will do. They just recently had a news release about what not cleaning your vehicle can do. Who was it GM? I'll get her dirty, but I don't mind cleaning it up either. Nice recipe!
MC

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Problem is when your X sees dirt at least one day a week, who has that kind of time to clean it. I let the clean creek crossings and acid rain clean mine. I do however hose out the radiator and plan to buy some of those Staun Chassis Spa's for cleaning out the important parts. Nothing like being able to plug your X into the hose to clean those hard to reach spaces. :)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
That looks nice man! That's cleaner than mine was when I picked it up from the dealer.

Has anyone tried taking out the radiator to give it a nice cleaning?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Looks really nice and clean. Now get out there and get it dirty. :cheers:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
cornick said:
That looks nice man! That's cleaner than mine was when I picked it up from the dealer.

Has anyone tried taking out the radiator to give it a nice cleaning?
Since I need to do a coolant flush I'll be pulling it out and not only cleaning but seeing if I can dinf a better way of mounting it so that the A/C coil is not so close. I would love to be able to put valves and QD's on the rad line so I can pull it out after every run.

·
on line
190 Posts
Looks great. Guys in my club have been asking me to detail their cars.

For basically the same thing you got I was going to charge 130.00

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting a clean X dirty. But when you have a great was on the truck, the dirt and road grime sure washes off with ease!!!

I enjoy cleaning my truck, it is like a hobby to me. I feel good driving it when it looks clean and sharp, and people notice the truck.

I also feel just as good driving down the street with mud up to the roof and damn dirty tires. And just as many people look!!!!

What a great life!!! :cheers:

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Man! and I thought i like to keep my X clean. that looks nice!!

·
on line
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delaware_X said:

You can charge more. I paid $200.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
max6spd said:
Delaware_X said:

You can charge more. I paid $200.
But that is a NY price.

·
on line
190 Posts
Hell I'll charge 200.00

they've all seen my vehicles. That's how they came about asking me to do theirs.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I had mine real dirty last week and my brother in law passed me up and said to my nephew, (That Xterra is Bad azzed!) Jeff said, that IS Uncle Mike's! He said Really? LOL I washed it next day. Almost ruined my reputation. Muzikman saw mine dirty also, But I didn't let him take any pictures! LOL MC

·
on line
189 Posts
I like my pin stripes, but I would kill to have my engine compartment look clean again..LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts